Law School Discussion

Kaplan's LSAT 180

_EKC_

• LisBeth
    • View Profile
Kaplan's LSAT 180
« on: September 08, 2004, 07:23:37 PM »
I picked it up today to skim through the RC section, since I miss anywhere from 4-8 on that section, by far my worst. Has anyone had any luck with this book? I'm wary of Kaplan to begin with because #1 they don't use real LSAT material and #2 some of their stuff is really generic, but I HAD heard good things about this book. Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks,
EKC

PS- I have Nova's Master the LSAT and PR's Cracking the LSAT for sale on ebay, and I'm going to have Next 10... for sale soon as well, in case anyone is looking for study material.

nlyang

• View Profile
    • my lsn data
Re: Kaplan's LSAT 180
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 07:31:02 PM »
The LSAT180 book uses real questions.  I practiced this book doing 4 problem sets at a time in 35 minutes... the real tests seemed like a breeze after that.

Trancer

• Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 07:33:42 PM »
really??

noell.sweet

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 08:18:50 PM »
I love that book!  It has *ONLY* the hardest questions ever that were on the LSAT, so if you can do those, then you probably would fair well on the real test.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 08:28:51 PM »
Seriously, does it have real lsat questions? Because the questions really seem made up

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 08:45:08 PM »
yea, ive heard a lot of other people say it does not use real questions.  to those who say it does, what proof do you have?

im going to call kaplan tomorrow and find out the truth.

noell.sweet

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 09:11:48 PM »
I just said it does use real questions ... LOL ... I've read the book, I've asked Kaplan already ... lol ... what more proof do you want?

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 09:29:13 PM »
i didnt know that you had already asked kaplan.  if thats the case, i dont understand why do so many people still insist that it uses made up questions.  surely someone would recognize at least one question in the book from a prep test if it did use real ones.

noell.sweet

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 11:01:11 PM »
Well, I just hope they weren't lying to me ...  :-\

Mos

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 11:11:52 PM »
I have the Kaplan180 book, and I'm fairly certain that it does NOT use real LSAT questions. Having said that, the quality of the questions in this book is decent considering that they're fake.

It features several types of unconventional and lengthy games which provide good practice to those who crave more challenging game questions.

Reading passages on a whole look similar to the ones from the real LSATs but the questions following the passages do not mimic the real ones very well.

LR questions are not bad, but having done so many real LR questions, I could tell that these are the made-up ones from Kaplan.

Overall, it's not a bad book, but I would only recommend using it after you've exhausted all the real LSAT questions.