Law School Discussion

$$$$$$

$$$$$$
« on: January 30, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »
Is there a way to diplomatically let a school know that if there is $$$ available, a decision could be made?

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
Re: $$$$$$
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 03:17:03 PM »
tag

Anyone know about t14 schools in particular, and when this sketchy haggling process should begin?

Hey Now

• This Is Why I'm Hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »
I want my scholarships paid in straight cash homie

(tag)

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 03:46:15 PM »
I sent letters to this effect to two law schools (both top 20). The higher ranked of the two asked me to submit copies of my scholarship offers from other schools, which I did. Now the scholarship committee is reconsidering their previous offer. The other law school sent an email back that was just their instructions for applying for need-based aid.

ctg31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 05:35:26 PM »
tag

Especially to denote that I interested in MERIT aid... I had the same problem as the poster above when asking for fee waivers (the school directing me to need-based info)

beeker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »
My brother told me that a lot of his frineds basically called up the shcools they ended up attending and said, (tactfully of course), "Hi, this is so and so, X school (yours) is my top choice but Y offered me $20,000 a year, is there any chance I could get more aid money?  I am really excited about X school"

Apparently that works for lots of people.

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
My brother told me that a lot of his frineds basically called up the shcools they ended up attending and said, (tactfully of course), "Hi, this is so and so, X school (yours) is my top choice but Y offered me $20,000 a year, is there any chance I could get more aid money?  I am really excited about X school"

Apparently that works for lots of people.

even if it doesn't, you don't exactly have much to lose. It's not like they can rescind your offer for asking.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:40 PM »
I am interested to know if anyone has had any luck with this at Fordham and how high a school must you have money from in order to not have them laugh in your face. I am assuming it must be comparable as far as rankings. I mean I got offered a full ride at St. Johns probably wont cut it at Fordham.

Fordham is now my TOP choice without a doubt but it seems they have very little money available.