Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Checking Status on Website  (Read 616 times)

oudidntno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Checking Status on Website
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:56:04 AM »
Ok, First every night I check my email account for notifications of acceptance.  Seeing none, I then go the schools' websites to check my status online.  However, after FSU notified me by snail mail that I was accepted, their status check still says just "complete" with no mention at all about acceptance (a full week after the decision was rendered).  That got me thinking- Has anybody ever really been notified first through status check that they were accepted before they received an email or a letter confirmation.  Am I just simply wasting another step and adding extra disappointment by bothering to view my status on schools websites after I received no news via email or mail. 

If some schools do notify you first of acceptance by their online status check before emails and letters, what schools are they?  Georgia? Alabama? Iowa?  Are there any other schools that do both, but email or mail you first before updating your online status check?  You can imagine I'm trying to save myself any added frustration at this point so let me know. 

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Checking Status on Website
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:01:22 AM »
Most of them don't say "Accepted" or "Rejected" on their status checker.  They'll update to a "decision has been made" or "decision has been sent".  Then you get to eagerly sit by your mailbox waiting for that letter and fret for days on end if they made their decision so fast/slow/medium because you were an admit/reject/waitlist.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

oudidntno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »
Most of them don't say "Accepted" or "Rejected" on their status checker.  They'll update to a "decision has been made" or "decision has been sent".  Then you get to eagerly sit by your mailbox waiting for that letter and fret for days on end if they made their decision so fast/slow/medium because you were an admit/reject/waitlist.

Thanks for the info.  Do you know of any that update the checker before sending an email?

oudidntno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:15:55 AM »
Hastings' status checker has "Decision - Admit" and "Decision - Deny" or something as options that can show on the status checker, and I believe some people on here found out their decisions that way first.

Speak of the devil, What a great way to start the day, I actually found out via website Status check from Georgia that I was admitted and would be receiving an admission packet soon.