Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 10 year olds in university  (Read 789 times)

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
10 year olds in university
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:07:17 AM »
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/01/30/3481499-sun.html

maybe they'll get to be in your first year property class and be just as flirty as hank.

Accusations of age discrimination are being lobbed at the University of Ottawa by 10-year-old twins who were registered in a course before being expelled in the fall.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: 10 year olds in university
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »
People need to stop pushing their kids so goddamn hard.  Not everyone's kid is going to be a savant, and even when they are, if you push them too hard, you're going to break them eventually.  10 years old is just too damn early for college, no matter how smart the kids may be.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:01:52 PM »
I agree.  Socially, it's problematic.  Intellectually... meh!  I say let kids do what they want academically, just make sure they see their peers often enough.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »
I agree.  Socially, it's problematic.  Intellectually... meh!  I say let kids do what they want academically, just make sure they see their peers often enough.

And provide bodyguards from the 16 year old idiots they'll be in class with.  Getting schooled by a 10 year old in calculus?  Rough...
Yale.Law.School.2010

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 05:14:29 PM »
I didn't say "put them in public schools with kids at their academic level".

That said, funny imagery.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:40:33 PM »
While this particular instance is not representative of the trend of young adolescents in university, having been at the upper age range of a program that did have people as young as 10 or 11 in university, I can say that it definitely brings mixed results.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »

seamus farrow went to simon's rock at 11 and graduated from bard at 15.  for all of his achievements and stuff his younger sister told me that he prefers to stay inside and play video games and not interact with people irl

Never read any of his stuff.  IS it any good?  Is he actually talented, or was he able to do all of this by virtue of his family?  (I know many people who have impressive paper-credentials as students, including doing things similar to Farrow, but who got there purely from extensive family connections and wealth).  Until I learn more, I'm not impressed.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »

seamus farrow went to simon's rock at 11 and graduated from bard at 15.  for all of his achievements and stuff his younger sister told me that he prefers to stay inside and play video games and not interact with people irl

You hang out with the Farrows.  We get it, you dirty whore.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 07:30:10 PM »

Never read any of his stuff.  IS it any good?  Is he actually talented, or was he able to do all of this by virtue of his family?  (I know many people who have impressive paper-credentials as students, including doing things similar to Farrow, but who got there purely from extensive family connections and wealth).  Until I learn more, I'm not impressed.

he was admitted to YLS at 16, doesn't that prove it?

Not in and of itself, no.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 07:39:48 PM »

he was admitted to YLS at 16, doesn't that prove it?

Not in and of itself, no.

wait! so you're saying that people can get into Yale based on extensive family connections and wealth?!?

:D :D :D