Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where should i go? (Temple,Drexel,Seton Hall, Rutgers)  (Read 2203 times)

ks2pa

• View Profile
Where should i go? (Temple,Drexel,Seton Hall, Rutgers)
« on: January 30, 2007, 12:32:13 AM »
Just curious what you would choose:
Temple: $12,000 NON-renewable
Drexel: Full Tuition
Rutgers-Camden: $5,000/yr (if i maintain a 3.5  :o)
Seton Hall: $27,000 (if 3.0)

thoughts?

Tuttipoopoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where should i go? (Temple,Drexel,Seton Hall, Rutgers)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:53:36 AM »
It really just depends how much of an issue money is for you.

I would personally go with Temple because I think it's a great school in a great city and you'll have 12,000 off your first year. 

Rutgers-Camden is a great school as well, but I'd pick Philly over Camden plus that 3.5 requirement is pretty high.  Unless money is a huge factor I would not consider Drexel.  And Seton Hall is also a good school and that's a nice chunk of change but I'd still pick Temple.
Waiting.....

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:57:48 AM »
wow is temple only giving out non-renewable scholarships?  I never knew that!  And I am also surprised at Rutgers-Camden's high GPA requirement.  I have applied to Temple, Rutgers-Camden, and Drexel as well....I haven't heard from any of them yet though...I guess it depends on how much you are willing to go into debt...As far as Drexel though, that is an awesome offer!  I am curious to see how your final decision plays out...so keep us up to date! 

ks2pa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 12:58:36 AM »
thanks for the reply
i have to admit that i am freaked out by the debt, but i am trying not to let that make my decision for me.  I don't have any UGrad loans so the debt wont cripple me.  Temple has some very good programs and i love philly so i think i am leaning towards them.  But that money from Seton Hall is certainly tempting.  Would anyone out there choose Seton Hall?

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 12:59:40 AM »
or maybe I am wrong, because on LSN some people list Temple scholarships of like $36,000....So I guess some are renewable..?

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 01:00:46 AM »
I would choose SHU...the ranking difference is not very substantial but the money is.

I'm pretty sure the Temple stuff is renewable, but I'm not at home so I can't check.

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 01:00:53 AM »
wait so seton hall offered you 27k per year, right?  Well...that is pretty tempting as well.  Only reason I am not applying there is because of the location...I will be commuting from DE area.  

ks2pa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 01:03:02 AM »
wow is temple only giving out non-renewable scholarships?  I never knew that!  And I am also surprised at Rutgers-Camden's high GPA requirement.  I have applied to Temple, Rutgers-Camden, and Drexel as well....I haven't heard from any of them yet though...I guess it depends on how much you are willing to go into debt...As far as Drexel though, that is an awesome offer!  I am curious to see how your final decision plays out...so keep us up to date! 
I actually haven't heard of anyone else getting non-renewable offers from Temple.  I am thinking it has something to do with my out of state status, but i really don't know.  The Rutgers-Camden scholarship dropped to $4,000 if my GPA was between 3.49 and 3.2 or something like that.
I think i am leaning towards temple but some of those offers are extremely tempting...

yanksfan2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 01:05:02 AM »
I think Temple is awesome as well, and am really hoping to get accepted there....I would just to go where you know you will be happy, especially considering that debt won't be as much of an issue like you said...

ks2pa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 01:08:11 AM »
I think Temple is awesome as well, and am really hoping to get accepted there....I would just to go where you know you will be happy, especially considering that debt won't be as much of an issue like you said...
where else are you applying?  Are you applying FT/PT for Temple?  I was Full Time day in case you are wondering.