Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers Newark Part Time to Full Time  (Read 274 times)

lavender

• View Profile
Rutgers Newark Part Time to Full Time
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:56:24 PM »
i got accepted to Rutgers' part time program for August 2007. Initially wanted to work and study but everyone keeps on telling me that 1L is the most crucial year of law school so I should not risk it and just go full time instead.

question: do you know if i can switch to full time status this early? or i have to wait for a semester?

any info is appreciated. i can call the admissions office tomorrow but kinda impatient =)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rutgers Newark Part Time to Full Time
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:53:08 AM »
i got accepted to Rutgers' part time program for August 2007. Initially wanted to work and study but everyone keeps on telling me that 1L is the most crucial year of law school so I should not risk it and just go full time instead.

question: do you know if i can switch to full time status this early? or i have to wait for a semester?

any info is appreciated. i can call the admissions office tomorrow but kinda impatient =)

I know it is definitely possible to switch between the two, but I don't know anybody who switched from part time to full time before 1L started.  Anita Walton can tell you in about 0.5 seconds.  Sorry I can't give much more than that. Good luck and Congrats.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston