Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W&L, W&M....  (Read 4300 times)

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
W&L, W&M....
« on: September 08, 2004, 05:43:24 PM »
Howdy,

People have been telling me to add a few more mid-range schools, so I've done a bit of research and it seems like Washington and Lee and William and Mary may be good fits.  Perferably, I would like a school with a strong enough reputation to get me a good job on the East Coast, but with a possiblity of returning to Texas if I wanted to.  Does anyone know much about these two universities?  They seem similar, can anyone compare and contrast them? 

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Jason

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: W&L, W&M....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 05:59:50 PM »
I think both are located near DC, or immediate area.  William and Mary, is old school.  I know John Marahall and Thomas Jefferson attended classes at William and Mary for their legal education. 

You might also want to consider George Mason.  They have a faculty member who won Nobel Prize in economics.  It;s the only law school with nobel prize winner on their faculty. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

dr_draino

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 06:01:06 PM »
Can't say too too much, but here goes:

1)  If you're interested in DC, both do pretty well in terms of placement there (W&M is couple hours away, W&L several hours).  Not sure about the rest of the east coast.
2)  Both are in small towns, with W&L being the more remote.  W&L is insanley beautiful...surrounded by fantastic mountains.  If the outdoors interests you (hunting, hiking, or particularly horseback riding or mt. biking), it's a really great place to be.  Williamsburg is beautiful in its own way too...if you dig historic.  Coming from Texas A&M the flatness won't bother you much there, but I'm more of a mountain guy myself.
3)  Keep in mind that neither is exactly a Big University...if you dig the cadet aspect of Texas A&M, you'd love W&L though, as cadets are alwasy out and about.

Sorry I can't aid much more.

Howdy,

People have been telling me to add a few more mid-range schools, so I've done a bit of research and it seems like Washington and Lee and William and Mary may be good fits.  Perferably, I would like a school with a strong enough reputation to get me a good job on the East Coast, but with a possiblity of returning to Texas if I wanted to.  Does anyone know much about these two universities?  They seem similar, can anyone compare and contrast them? 

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Jason

LongTallVal

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 08:43:34 AM »
Also, if it makes any difference to you, W&L waives the app fee if transmitting your application online.