Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at Loyola Chicago  (Read 2239 times)

peas

• View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at Loyola Chicago
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »
and for many of those that did not write the second essay, they are being W/L'd.If you want to get off the waitlist, you probably should write the "Why Loyola?" essay.

Elaborate on this if you could. What are you basing this on?

First, I'm not an Loyola Adcomm member (obviously) so I make no claim to know what caused a particular individual to be put on the waitlist, and what will actually get him/her in.  From reading around however, I get the impression that Loyola is protecting their yield numbers.  They want to know that if you get an acceptance, you will seriously consider going there.

In replying to their waitlist letter, Loyola suggests that if you did not write the optional essay in you application, you can do so now.  There were 3 suggested topics to write about, and one of them was the "Why Loyola?" essay.  I don't believe that just because you write it you will get in, but based on my feeling that Loyola is protecting yield, the "Why Loyola?" topic would be the most effective.

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 07:35:22 AM »
Also waitlisted.  LSN makes it seem pretty big too.

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »
i was accepted at loyola-chi, but i think i will consider other schools first.  i'd say at this point it is maybe my 3rd choice.  i also got into miami fl...and still have to hear back from like 10 more schools.  so hopefully, should i decline admission, one of you guys will get my spot.  :)
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

thenodoubter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 01:25:51 PM »
bump.

plus...Does anyone know if they will call us? and thus if we get a letter it will most likely be a reject or further waiting until the June deposit.

Albeit, I am only on the part-time waiting list I am excited.

Let us know if you get any word from LUC.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

New Cycle!

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »
This is a really bullsh|t way of yeild protecting.  I'm thinking about doing the extra essays so that I get accepted just so I can DING them.

thenodoubter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 03:18:11 PM »
On another note it looks like most people knew by May 16th last year.

I hope they just hurry up, either way so I can plan my life. ;D

New Cycle!

thesingingbass

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »
Loyola has three deposit deadlines: May 1, June 1, and July 2, so I wouldn't necessarily count Loyola out if you don't hear by May 16th. I'm planning on attending Loyola, but I'm also waitlisted at my top choices so that could change. I'm sure there are others in my position who won't know definitively until sometime in June, July, or even August (unfortunately).

Also, someone from Loyola will call you if you are accepted. At the Admitted Students Day the admissions director made a point about how she, or someone else from the admissions office, calls each person when he/she is accepted.   

thenodoubter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 11:47:44 AM »
Loyola has three deposit deadlines: May 1, June 1, and July 2, so I wouldn't necessarily count Loyola out if you don't hear by May 16th. I'm planning on attending Loyola, but I'm also waitlisted at my top choices so that could change. I'm sure there are others in my position who won't know definitively until sometime in June, July, or even August (unfortunately).

Also, someone from Loyola will call you if you are accepted. At the Admitted Students Day the admissions director made a point about how she, or someone else from the admissions office, calls each person when he/she is accepted.   

Thanks for the info on calling. As for the deposit, our wait list letter said we would hear by mid may (but it could be that we are on the wait list until the other deadlines).

New Cycle!

thenodoubter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 08:29:43 PM »
looks like someone was just WL, Rejected on LSN ---- its moving.
New Cycle!

GentlemansJack

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »
tag