Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So ...  (Read 1588 times)

noell.sweet

So ...
« on: September 08, 2004, 05:25:29 PM »
... the people at Portland State University won't stop me from taking the LSAT on October 2nd just because I haven't paid for all of it yet, right??  I mean, I have some of it paid (like $90 something worth, because of YOU GUYS), but not all of it.  I can still take it, right?

I mean, I wanted to take the GMAT instead, because I was getting frustrated with the LSAT.  But today, I was reading through some legal research that a summer associate had done, and I was VERY interesting, even though the topic wasn't.  I wanted to be a part of that, studying law, researching stuff like that.  It seems "fun" to me, believe it or not.  As weird as that sounds.  LOL.  So, I think I want to go to law school anyways, even though, I know, I might end up with a 150-160 LSAT score.  :-\  If, I don't get in, oh well, I can always still apply for business school, I guess ...

So, they will let me take it, even though I haven't paid, right?

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: So ...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 05:41:12 PM »
Hmmm, how can you have a spot to take the exam without having to pay?  I think you get a seat, after you have paid for the exam. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 05:42:41 PM »
I thought someone else said you could take the test without paying, but you wouldn't get your score until you'd paid in full.

You got $90 from us?  That's awesome!  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

noell.sweet

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 05:43:13 PM »
It's easy.  I sent in a paper form to LSAC, asking for a fee waiver.  They denied my fee waiver, but they still signed me up for the October 2nd LSAT.  They just billed my LSAC account.

Hmmm, how can you have a spot to take the exam without having to pay?  I think you get a seat, after you have paid for the exam. 

noell.sweet

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 05:44:12 PM »
Yeah, I thought that's what they said, too, but I just wanna make sure. LOL.

Yeah, $90!!!  Thanks guys!

BTW, it's still open too ... LOL ... http://www.geocities.com/caribouranch/LSAT/

I thought someone else said you could take the test without paying, but you wouldn't get your score until you'd paid in full.

You got $90 from us?  That's awesome!  :)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 05:46:59 PM »
Good marketing, Noell!  Just another $25 or so for the LSAT, right?  Come on people, make a donation if you haven't already :)  Every little bit will help!
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 05:48:45 PM »
Take it in Dec.   ;D
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

noell.sweet

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 05:49:51 PM »
LOL. thanks! :)

Good marketing, Noell!  Just another $25 or so for the LSAT, right?  Come on people, make a donation if you haven't already :)  Every little bit will help!