Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC - GPA question  (Read 1347 times)

payley

• saving the universe
    • View Profile
LSAC - GPA question
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:27:45 PM »
Do law schools use your LSAC cumulative GPA or Degree (Summary) GPA in considering your application?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: LSAC - GPA question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »
Do law schools use your LSAC cumulative GPA or Degree (Summary) GPA in considering your application?

they consider everything but what gets reported to LSAC and what is used in the US News rankings is the LSAC GPA.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

payley

• saving the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »
By LSAC GPA do you mean the cumulative GPA or Degree (Summary) GPA?

Both of these GPAs are listed on the LSAC report.  Sorry, I hope that makes sense.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
the GPA that LSAC calculates.  The Cumulative GPA.  Are they different for you?  If you have college grades from high school, summer classes, or you started at one school then tranferred, all those grades count.  They do NOT just look at the GPA that the school (your degree granting institution) gives you.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

payley

• saving the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:50:42 PM »
the GPA that LSAC calculates.  The Cumulative GPA.  Are they different for you?  If you have college grades from high school, summer classes, or you started at one school then tranferred, all those grades count.  They do NOT just look at the GPA that the school (your degree granting institution) gives you.

Yup, I was a transfer student so they listed my cumulative as well as my degree-granting GPA on the LSAC report. Thank you for the confirmation!