Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Long wait since completion? Borderline applicants...  (Read 1129 times)

barenakedtjm

Long wait since completion? Borderline applicants...
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
I guess I'm spoiled from the four acceptances I received in quick succession just before Christmas, but I've had nothing since then.  My applications went out toward the end of November, and although some didn't go complete until earlier in January, at least one (my reach, Vandy) was complete 12/18.  How bad a sign is it that my applications have been complete for weeks without decision?  Are all the people being accepted now just auto-admits and the time for the rest of us to get our decisions is still not here yet?

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Long wait since completion?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:46:33 AM »
Are all the people being accepted now just auto-admits and the time for the rest of us to get our decisions is still not here yet?

Pretty much.  There are people who've been complete at some schools since early OCT and are still waiting.  It sucks, but that's how it is.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:49:01 AM »
I think it depends on the school too.  I have quite a few schools that show about a week turnaround from complete to decision, while others havn't even STARTED sending out decisions.  Which I would then assume means it will be weeks before they get to my stack on the pile. 

barenakedtjm

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »
So when are borderline decisions rendered?  March, I guess?

Sucks...  I've gotten into one of my top 3 already, but I really wanted to hear from the others so I can decide.  Even if they're rejections, I just want to know where I'm going!

lflyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:57:58 AM »
Yeah, I hear ya.  I'm only waiting to hear from Fordham, but the lack of decision is really hindering my ability to figure out where I want to be next year.  I also got waitlisted at BC and, while I don't expect to get pulled off the list, that prospect will be in the back of my head too until I hear more from them.

barenakedtjm

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:59:57 AM »
At this point I'm just hanging onto a thread with Vandy (I almost didn't even apply, but they sent me a fee waiver).  With Emory I'm cautiously optimistic, especially the more I look at LSN.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »
At this point I'm just hanging onto a thread with Vandy (I almost didn't even apply, but they sent me a fee waiver).  With Emory I'm cautiously optimistic, especially the more I look at LSN.

haha have you found the new status checker at vandy yet?
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

barenakedtjm

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 11:04:31 AM »

haha have you found the new status checker at vandy yet?
Unfortunately, yes, just this morning.  Sadly, I've checked my status twice already.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Long wait since completion? Borderline applicants...
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 11:05:28 AM »
OP: A little over a month is really not a long time at complete. Even 6-8 weeks is not that long. Keep waiting.

EDIT: Yes, status checkers are evil.

ihope i hope

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
Re: Long wait since completion? Borderline applicants...
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 11:12:55 AM »
All decisions will be sent out March 10-18 for reach schools.

How do I know this?  Because i'll be out of the country and that's my luck.  I'm sorry my crap-tastic luck has been forced upon the rest of you.
Shippin' off to Buffalo, to find my wooden leg!