Law School Discussion

Re: WUSTL?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
I just got an e-mail asking me to confirm my interest in WUSTL so the scholarship committee could go forward with processing my application! yay!

So, I applied to WUSTL on November 8. They never notified me that I was complete. They did, however, send me every other frickin' thing they could think of. Anyway, I haven't received a decision from them yet. My numbers are both above their 75th percentiles. What the heck is going on?

I never got a complete notice either. I called the admissions office and asked to check on my application status. When they found out I hadn't received my complete notice (they mail them), they were very nice and very apologetic about the whole thing. I'd call them and ask.

Thanks for the info. BTW, I love your recent name change

Thanks! I'm looking for an animation of the Chandler dance for my next acceptance post  ;D

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 12:21:31 AM »
I just got an e-mail asking me to confirm my interest in WUSTL so the scholarship committee could go forward with processing my application! yay!

Exciting! I want that email, but since I just got my acceptance the other day, I'm sure it will be a while before I hear anything.

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 07:34:47 AM »
We need to be friends. I'm a St. Lous native as well.

My only comment about WUSTL (I didn't apply b/c I don't have the #s): You better live close to campus because they're going to shut down the main east/west highway that cuts through the middle of the metro area. Traffic will be a female dog. So live somewhere that doesn't require getting onto the highway.

You've been warned...

Another St. Louis native seconding this good advice. I already know that if I go to WUSTL or SLU that I plan on living as close to campus as I can manage. Traffic around WUSTL will probably be particularly bad during rush hour because of people using Forest Park Parkway(which runs right by campus) as a subsititue for 40/64.

I'll likely be at SLU next year...and still living in South County. Luckily, I can just take 55 most of the way there and dodge the whole situation.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 09:26:44 AM »
We need to be friends. I'm a St. Lous native as well.

My only comment about WUSTL (I didn't apply b/c I don't have the #s): You better live close to campus because they're going to shut down the main east/west highway that cuts through the middle of the metro area. Traffic will be a female dog. So live somewhere that doesn't require getting onto the highway.

You've been warned...

Another St. Louis native seconding this good advice. I already know that if I go to WUSTL or SLU that I plan on living as close to campus as I can manage. Traffic around WUSTL will probably be particularly bad during rush hour because of people using Forest Park Parkway(which runs right by campus) as a subsititue for 40/64.

I'll likely be at SLU next year...and still living in South County. Luckily, I can just take 55 most of the way there and dodge the whole situation.

Oooh...good idea. Honestly though...I'm so happy about the situation with 40 construction...the 170/40 interchange is a mess (especially 40W to 170N) that a year or so of annoying traffic (which, honestly, not so bad in StL) is going to make everyone's life easier in the long run. Also, the Clayton Metrolink station is open, and I'm happy to take FPP everywhere. The worst part is dodging traffic (and crazy road conditions) on 170 at Olive by getting off at Delmar and back on at Page.

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 10:04:51 AM »
That 40/170 interchange has to be the worst designed road project EVER. I also curse the people who had 170 stop at 40 and not go all the way throug SoCo. Now there's only ONE highway connecting it to Clayton. Grrr.

Eh well, I'll be done working in Clayton in a few months anyway...