Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR Question  (Read 1644 times)

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LOR Question
« on: September 08, 2004, 03:42:20 PM »
I asked an associate (Harvard Law '00), who I work with closely and know personally, to write a LOR for me.  He recently reviewed me and gave me all outstandings so I know he will likes my work and would write a strong review.  He said he would be glad to write one for me but was a little unsure of how long they need to be, what he needs to write, etc.  He asked if there was a template or something that was available for him to look at.  Does anyone know of anything like that?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: LOR Question
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 12:11:50 PM »
The Montauk book "How to Get into the Top Law Schools" has a couple examples, although the example of the "better" rec is way too long, and no adcom would ever read it.

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 12:41:37 PM »
What is this Montauk book that everyone always mentions? 
Thanks

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 12:43:20 PM »
The Montauk book "How to Get into the Top Law Schools" has a couple examples, although the example of the "better" rec is way too long, and no adcom would ever read it.

lexylit

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 12:44:35 PM »
 :D lmao jacy

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 12:50:13 PM »
SOrry, what I meant was why is this a source I should listen to?  What is Montauk?

TheDecline

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 06:39:32 PM »
SOrry, what I meant was why is this a source I should listen to? What is Montauk?

I think this is a good book to get.  It discusses everything about the application process.  It even has specific direct quotes from deans of top law schools, so you know that at least that part is legit and can be taken as good advice.