Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted @ American  (Read 3384 times)

SarahJLV

• View Profile
Re: Waitlisted @ American
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 03:11:37 PM »
I received my waitlist packet today too.  I figured I would be outright rejected with my numbers (3.3/155).  I don't know if I have a chance in being admitted full-time, but I don't think I can afford part-time if there is a large financial aid discrepency. 

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 05:09:04 PM »
Chibundu - Did they get back to you?

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 04:53:06 AM »
I actually just went to visit them and I was emailing Meghan O'Connor like twice a week up until I went there for my visit. I just sent her a thank you note and I informed her of my decision to send in a letter of continued Interest. My friend said that they do admit a lot of people off of the waitlist. Mrs. O'Connor actually said that one of the students who is currently a 1L was called as she was driving her Uhaul to another school she had been accepted and promptly turned it around and drove to DC. Another student was called while in another school on the first day of class and left that day and went to American. So it is and will be crazy, but I liked the school on my visit. Very homey, just a real expensive area and a real expensive school, but plenty of options. I am goign to send in my letter and then update my file as stuff comes along. She said that would be fine, just let them know of anything new that happens with me.
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 10:14:03 AM »
OK - I'm having a coworker send in an additional letter of recommendation.  TO hell with it.

OhWhatFun

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
I too am waitlisted at American.  I want to send a letter of continued interest to the school, but Iím a little confused with who I am supposed to send it to.  If anyone could give me some information on this I would very much appreciate it!  Thanks!!

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 04:22:28 PM »
It should say on the letter they sent you.

OhWhatFun

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »
Wow, I'm an idiot... I didn't see the "admissions counselors" box written in the top right corner of the letter.  Haha oops.

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 12:38:19 AM »
OK - I'm having a coworker send in an additional letter of recommendation.  TO hell with it.

Yea might as well. What do you have to lose. You arent in right now anyway, the worst they can do is not let you in.
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!

friedchicken

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 01:41:08 PM »
Chibundu-

I just got on the wait list too. 

Chibundu,  I would totally let you in.  Sounds like you are being really proactive.

I know that they can wait as long as they want to offer people seats (which I pray I am not loading my uhaul if they call) but did Meghan O'Conner or anyone else give you an idea of when the majority of decisions are made? 

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 09:12:22 PM »
i just got my waitlist letter yesterday.  i'm pretty bummed as american is my top choice.  i'm just hesitant that i'll only find out about whether i am admitted or not like in june or july...and i don't want that at all.  like im in at loyola-chicago and miami FL now and i still have to hear back from 10 schools.  i'm ok with going to any of the other schools, but it still sucks to be waitlisted.  i'll probably try and get another LOR and write a statement of continued interest.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.