Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted @ American  (Read 3318 times)

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Waitlisted @ American
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »
...I just found out today. Has anyone ever been waitlisted there? I'm curious about how long it will take for me to hear their final decision.
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted @ American
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
I dont think I'm even complete there, so I can't speak from personal experience. But, a cursory look at LSN shows some people getting waitlisted around now and not hearing anything until April, May, or even June. I would guess it depends on how far down the waitlist they put you, and how long it takes people to withdraw and clear up the spots.

C'mon people, make your decisions and withdraw!!

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:05:28 PM »
Agreed. It's just frustrating, because I'd love to visit the area and see the school, but I don't want to get my hopes up if I have no chance of ever moving off the list.
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:54:03 PM »
Well you can count on me as I got my waitlist letter from American today as well, but I will most likely not put my name on the list. I will send out the papers this week so you can rest assured that at least one slot will free up for you.  :)

I'm planning on going to Cali for law school anyway, so it works out ok.

This did ruin my acceptance streak I had going, lol, but these things happen, I guess you can't win them all!
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

diamond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 12:03:26 AM »
I just got waitlisted as well, but have decided to withdraw my app...do I need to send a formal letter requesting withrawl or does not sending the waitlist letter constitute a withdrawl? 

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 12:05:34 AM »
Well you can count on me as I got my waitlist letter from American today as well, but I will most likely not put my name on the list. I will send out the papers this week so you can rest assured that at least one slot will free up for you.  :)

maybe you're missing the point of a waitlist...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 06:40:40 AM »

maybe you're missing the point of a waitlist...

Dude... no, I'm not missing the point. Basically I won't stay on the waitlist so if a spot opens up and American takes waitlist candidates then the other waitlisted people won't have to fight with me for that spot. That's what I meant - apologies if I wasn't clear.
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
aight, just checkin...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 11:33:59 PM »
I just got waitlisted as well, but have decided to withdraw my app...do I need to send a formal letter requesting withrawl or does not sending the waitlist letter constitute a withdrawl? 

I just emailed the office, usually they want to know where you are going to be attending, I said I wasnt sure, but that having been accepted to GW, I knew I wouldn't be attending American.

It doesn't sound too nice, but they want to know where other people apply and go to other than american...
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 11:51:34 PM »
Count me in too!  I just got my waitlist letter today too.  Considering my below average numbers, waitlisted is actually the best I could have hoped for.  I'm pondering going for a visit but I wonder what percentage of people get admitted.  I mean real percentages, not LSN percentages.  It is definitely hard to be waitlisted.  It is a stranded feeling. 

Also, was it just me or did the waitlist letter sorta deter you from sending additional materials aside from a letter of continued interest?