Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BU/W&L "Complete" Notification?  (Read 339 times)

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
BU/W&L "Complete" Notification?
« on: January 27, 2007, 12:13:33 AM »
Hey y'all, I was just wondering if and how you received notification of your file being complete from either BU or Washington & Lee. I'm a little concerned because I sent the forms for Dean's Certification to my undergrad a looooong time ago (October/November probably). I applied to these schools on December 23 yet haven't received anything indicating that my file is complete--just worried that maybe my stupid UG failed to take care of the Dean's certification forms. I compeletely forgot to follow up and assumed they would take care of it.

Perhaps I can call the admissions offices of the two LS's and just ask them if they have my dean's certifications?

[edit] I realize there's a thread on this...

lawschoolfears85

• View Profile
Re: BU/W&L "Complete" Notification?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 01:30:55 AM »
well your school might not have screwed up but those schools might have gotten the deans cert before they recieved your applications.  If thats the case they might have thrown it out.  But just call the school and ask W&L does not mind (They normally send an E-mail letting youknow that its complete at least thats what I got)

musetta4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 01:01:37 PM »
The admissions staff at W&L is wonderful and friendly, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind a brief phone call or email.

I submitted my application on 1/6 and received an email that my Dean's Certification was still not received on 1/22. They received it later that day via fax (they said this is okay as long as your dean follows with the original copy in the mail) and emailed me personally that my file was complete. Accepted yesterday!

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 01:32:26 PM »
Thanks to the both of you for your responses. I sent my app in on the 23rd and haven't received notification either way (of being complete or not being complete) so I don't know how to to take that. I will just give them a call on Monday. As to them having possibly thrown it out, I remember one of the two schools mentioning somewhere on their site (or maybe when I called their admissions office) that you can just send the form in early even if they don't have your app yet.

BTW, congrats on your acceptance musetta. How were you accepted--phone call, e-mail, snail mail?

musetta4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 01:55:26 PM »
Accepted via email with paper acceptance on the way.

The more I hear about W&L, the more anxious I am to visit. The admissions staff is the best I've encountered in the process so far, and all the grads and current students are very enthusiastic and loyal.

Best of luck!

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »
Accepted via email with paper acceptance on the way.

The more I hear about W&L, the more anxious I am to visit. The admissions staff is the best I've encountered in the process so far, and all the grads and current students are very enthusiastic and loyal.

Best of luck!

Thanks...yeah, it seems like a great school but I used to live in SW VA (one hour away from lexington) and I'm not a fan of that area by any means.  That's what'll make it tough for me to decide if accepted :-\