Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at BC  (Read 1112 times)

lflyer

• View Profile
    • Email
Waitlisted at BC
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »
It was probably a bad idea to go visit BC before I got accepted.  The campus was great and the school shot up alongside GW at the top of my list.  Unfortunately, I got waitlisted 2 days later.  I was kinda shocked considering my numbers are at or above their 75 percentiles.  Anyone else out there have a similar experience or know anything about their waitlist?

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at BC
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:04:17 PM »
i think a lot of people wanting to go to the northeast will apply to BC as a safety while gunning for T14. Some of those got in, and others didn't. It's plausible that a lot of people will withdraw from BC. But to be honest, I'm talking out of my ass.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 10:14:33 PM »
Based on what I've read on this board, the consensus seems to be that BC admissions is quite unpredictable.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:53:33 AM »
priority waitlisted. i don't know why they call it priority. from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like there's a regular waitlist category.

AshleyChristina

• AOL Instant Messenger - mochalaugh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 11:49:26 PM »
I definitely think BC's wait list is unpredictable, I got into U Chicago and got wait listed at BC, which I have to say shocked me because I BC was my safety. Guess that makes me a dumb ass lol
University of Chicago '10

My life:

cody4bc  (3:03:11 AM): i wrote two sentences
cody4bc (3:03:21 AM): oh nevermind
cody4bc (3:03:37 AM): scratch that. i wrote one sentence and one sentence fragment

ML121: How much would you pay to have someone write your thesis?

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 11:56:42 PM »
priority waitlisted. i don't know why they call it priority. from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like there's a regular waitlist category.

THe priority waitlist is all that BC has... they don't have a regular waitlist so don't be fooled by it.  sorry :(
testing testing 1 2 3

mustard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 05:26:14 PM »
What is the consensus on what special quality BC is looking for in its candidates? I would say demonstrated leadership skills.

lflyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
If its leadership then they must have misread my resume and PS.  I had tons of quality and unique leadership activities on my list and it got me nowhere.  If I had to name a quality I would say not out of undergrad, but obviously that is a reach.