;

Author Topic: Emory  (Read 21872 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: Emory
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »
Has anyone gotten their scholarship info in the mail or gotten OPUS to do anything useful? Just wondering...

I discovered that you can use your OPUS id and password to log into their webmail system.  I've tested it and it works just like it should.  I was even able to set up an email alias that better than the OPUS id, which stays as your email address if you don't change it.

Webmail here
https://webmail.service.emory.edu/horde/imp/index.php

Alias creation info here
http://www.law.emory.edu/cms/site/index.php?id=newstudents

yay! you can add them to your facebook account even if you aren't going to go there!

Yeah, I totally already did that...
VIP.

JM26

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2007, 11:24:40 AM »

I won't be attending the ASW but I'm definetly going to Emory. To those who are going: please post a complete recap. Let us know how much free swag you get.  :D

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 29, 2007, 11:26:09 AM »

I won't be attending the ASW but I'm definetly going to Emory. To those who are going: please post a complete recap. Let us know how much free swag you get.  :D

i think the thing already mentioned a free emory law t-shirt. Worth the 300 dollar plane ticket? We shall see.

JM26

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 29, 2007, 11:28:09 AM »

Just a free shirt? They should've mailed it to us w/the acceptance letter like Bama.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »

Just a free shirt? They should've mailed it to us w/the acceptance letter like Bama.

Well, they didn't specifically say that was the only thing they're giving away. But since that's the only thing they actually mentioned, it's probably a safe bet.

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum.  I got into Emory last week.  Still haven't gotten any $ news on OPUS though.  When I called they told me that they would send it over OPUS around April 1st.

also, does anybody else think that Emory Law's website is nice, but the organization of the links is terrible.

I dunno...I kind of think their website blows.  Doesn't seem very appealing or professional.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum.  I got into Emory last week.  Still haven't gotten any $ news on OPUS though.  When I called they told me that they would send it over OPUS around April 1st.

also, does anybody else think that Emory Law's website is nice, but the organization of the links is terrible.

not to mention they have a link to grad housing. and then when you go there there's a sign that says "starting 2007, the X complex will no longer be used for graduate housing" very nice.
I dunno...I kind of think their website blows.  Doesn't seem very appealing or professional.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

Well, they didn't specifically say that was the only thing they're giving away. But since that's the only thing they actually mentioned, it's probably a safe bet.

Where did they mention the T-Shirt?
VIP.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »

Where did they mention the T-Shirt?

http://www.law.emory.edu/cms/site/fileadmin/Admissions/Annual_Visiting_Day_Schedule_-_2007.pdf very last event. It doesn't mention that it's free, but I can't believe they'd advertise that as part of the event if it isn't.

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2007, 02:19:47 PM »
I just got my complete notice after sending my app in over a month ago... what a bunch of jerkfaces... I guess I can write this one off as an autoding