;

Author Topic: Emory  (Read 21604 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: Emory
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2007, 10:36:15 AM »
Just when I checked my e-mail at work and Wake gave me the "Yes" sign, got home to my mailbox and Emory and Georgetown said "You have to wait a little bit more". Emory mentioned that they "group rank" their waitlist, what in the world does that mean?

It looks like Emory is doing some YP this cycle...

Group rank: My theory is that they group students into pools. There is no #1 person on the list, but there is a #1 pool of students that they will pick from once something opens up. The #2 pool people won't get looked at until the #1 pool is exhausted.
VIP.

LomeAC

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2007, 10:52:01 AM »
Has anyone gotten separate information on the ASW yet?  I thought I remembered in the acceptance later them mentioning it and saying that more information would follow. 

I didn't recieve anymore information besides my admit letter. They did say they would provide more info, but I haven't recieved any yet.
:-)

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2007, 11:09:22 AM »
Just when I checked my e-mail at work and Wake gave me the "Yes" sign, got home to my mailbox and Emory and Georgetown said "You have to wait a little bit more". Emory mentioned that they "group rank" their waitlist, what in the world does that mean?

It looks like Emory is doing some YP this cycle...

Group rank: My theory is that they group students into pools. There is no #1 person on the list, but there is a #1 pool of students that they will pick from once something opens up. The #2 pool people won't get looked at until the #1 pool is exhausted.

Uhm..thats amazing, the first I've ever heard of. We'll see what happens. I may just pitch my tent elsewhere before then, My big city affinity may have to yield. Another price one has to pay...
Washington University School of Law 2010

alphadog24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2007, 04:56:39 PM »
Anyone here know about the graduate housing on the Clairmont campus? I am committed to living alone for law school, and I have selected 1 bedroom furnished and 1 bedroom unfurnished as my only choices. How scarce are these? Should I be looking for other off-campus housing while my application from Clairmont hosing is pending? They say they wont assign housing until April. I dont want to get stuck somewhere undesireable because I had to hunt for a place at the last minute.
Emory Law 2010

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2007, 07:52:20 PM »
Emory, please don't waitlist me.  I might have a breakdown.
Michigan 2L

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »
I can't believe how long it's taking Emory to decide on my file.  Seriously though this is a little bit ridiculous.  It's gettin' close to the 4 month mark!   
Yale 2010

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2007, 08:18:50 PM »
I can't believe how long it's taking Emory to decide on my file.  Seriously though this is a little bit ridiculous.  It's gettin' close to the 4 month mark!   

dude...you should just w/d.  are you really gonna go there when you have Mich in your pocket?  ;)
Columbia 3L

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »

SERIOUSLY? You're 0.1 lower than me in your UG GPA, and you have that nice Masters 4.0 too... I heard pretty quickly from them.

I don't get how these schools make decisions. I really don't.
VIP.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »

dude...you should just w/d.  are you really gonna go there when you have Mich in your pocket?  ;)

Speaking of which, don't YOU have some more withdrawing to do, little-miss-sitting-on-a-ND-and-WUSTL-accept?
VIP.

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2007, 09:05:53 PM »

Speaking of which, don't YOU have some more withdrawing to do, little-miss-sitting-on-a-ND-and-WUSTL-accept?

Captain Longshot she can do no such thing... As it would greatly affect her nightly ritual i.e. After her she brushes her teeth and before falling asleep, she picks up each school acceptance letter one by one, tells it goodnight, then finally locates said school's logo- giving it one short goodnight peck  :P
Yale 2010