Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist  (Read 33238 times)

ron80

• View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2004, 04:03:56 PM »
Hey Ronny..Nope, I haven't heard anything..although I haven't e-mailed or called them this week..Do you know if anyone who received the e-mail last week has been admitted?

BTW, DCWaiting--do you have any news?

Also, JED--are you GW FT or PT? I am FT and that is where I will be in the GTown doesn't pan out

DC Waiting

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2004, 04:13:30 PM »
No news yet, but come Thursday I'm going to start calling daily.  I have a second deposit deadline on the 15th, and if I don't get an answer by then I'll probably request to be removed from the list.  At some point I need to mentally prepare myself for August, and I'm not interested in living in limbo land until then.
GPA:  3.78
LSAT: 167

ron80

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2004, 04:25:54 PM »
Where are you going if not Gtown?

DC Waiting

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2004, 04:33:22 PM »
GW, with a merit scholarship.
GPA:  3.78
LSAT: 167

ron80

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2004, 05:23:30 PM »
me too...(without the merit scholarship)

Macul

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2004, 05:31:47 PM »
For those pt pwl ppl interested, I called this afternoon to inquire about the pt wl.  This was the first time they seemed exasperated and I was told there would be no information for pt until the 15th. sheesh.  Good thing I told them my name was ronny (just joking ronny! no name given).  I don't want to piss them off so I suppose I have to suck it up and wait. :(

ronny

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2004, 05:35:54 PM »
hahahah....good thing that isn't my "real" name!

Anyway, did you talk to Stephanie? GULC could avoid being "bothered" by inquiring students who would do anything to go there if they would actually keep us updated like other schools.

I hope we don't get some stupid e-mail on the 15th that says "We will be reviewing files over the next few weeks".....Do you think anyone will actually start getting admitted next week?

Georgetown 1st Choice

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2004, 06:45:56 AM »

GULC deadline was on 6/1. To date, no offer of admission was made. How long shall we wait?  Last week, the financial office of my second choice school told me they already had a 8 week backlog of financial aid applications, and growing. They told me that if I want my $$ on time, it's now or never. So, I sent my deposit.

I agree with Jed. I could not wait another week. Actually, I feel better now. At least, I have something real to focus on for the next months. I can look for an apartment, chat with other admitted students, etc. I have the great feeling of diving in the law school experience... After all these months, what bliss, what joy!

Good luck for you guys.
GFC

ronny

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2004, 11:19:32 AM »
Update:

I talked to GULC today (through e-mail)....they are currently reviewing waitlist files and they said we should hear something by either mail or e-mail by June 15th.

I imagine "mail" means rejection and "e-mail" means in or continue on the list.....

ron80

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2004, 12:41:48 PM »
I am finishing up a masters program and want to fax in my updated transcript so it can be added to my file---however, I forgot to drop a class until after the deadline so there is a DRP on my transcript, but aside from that I got all A's.....Do you think I should submit it or just keep it to myself???

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated...

BTW, there are no other blemishes on my grad and undergrad transcripts