Law School Discussion

Georgetown Waitlist

Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2004, 10:28:37 AM »
The lady that my friend spoke to said June 9th is likely the earliest.

ronny

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2004, 10:38:06 AM »
o.k. cool. At least we have a date to anticipate---though we may not hear anything.

Thanks for the info...

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2004, 10:19:14 AM »
Ok, just got another email saying I'm in some special group (yeah right) and they want me to respond by June 8th with my interest AGAIN.  Oh well.. at least they wrote.  I'm definitely waiting to write my second deposit check (due the 15th) now. Maybe I'll wait until the very very last minute and hand-deliver it. Haha.

ronny

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2004, 10:50:43 AM »
I am confused....

You got an e-mail to confirm your interest in the waiting list or one to remind you to send in your second deposit?

If you got a e-mail re: the waitlist, what did it say?

ron80

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2004, 10:54:14 AM »
I didn't get the e-mail..and I am PWL--this is driving me up the wall!

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2004, 10:57:33 AM »
Sorry to confuse - I'm procrastinating on sending in my second deposit to another school, which is due on June 15th.  I am indeed on the waitlist at G-town, and this email said that I'm in some limited group that they are looking at, and that after they finish processing their second deposits they may have "a few" spaces open, and that I should respond by June 8th with the extent of my continued interest, etc.

ronny

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2004, 11:07:27 AM »
Your Full time right?

They never show ANY love to the Part-time people.

Anyway---they have been desperately contacting people who have not sent in their second deposit---they will have more than a "few" spots open up.

I REALLY hope they don't start offering PT spots to FT applicants....that would be such BS...I mean they go out of their way to make you apply to either the FT or the PT program....

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2004, 11:16:36 AM »
It would really suck if they gave PT seats to FT applicants.  I can't go to law school FT b/c I need to work, that's why I applied to the PT program.  I feel like those seats should be for people who need the PT option.  Anyway, I didn't get any email from them, so I guess we just continue to wait.

ronny

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2004, 11:25:32 AM »
I need to go PT too....those seats shoudn't be some sort of consolation prize.

I love how they say they don't rank, yet they always come up with these "special" groups of people they want to offer spots to first....what a joke. Why can't they just be straightforward with us? Some schools actually tell you WHERE you are on the waitlist and what your chances are of getting in.

Personally, I have decent number for part-time (3.6/164)---I have told them countless times that I will attend if admitted----I guess that is not good enough, they would rather guage the interest of others who may or may not have contacted them previously.....

Sorry to rant

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2004, 11:30:58 AM »
You can rant all you like, i am feeling your pain completely.

Also consider this, it seems that they haven't made any moves at contacting the PT people.  The emails have all been sent to FT people, right?  If that is the case, then perhaps there really are two distinct groups and they haven't gotten to PT people yet.  What do you think?