Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist  (Read 33240 times)

DC Waiting

• View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2004, 07:47:12 AM »
Ok, I got the email from Cornblatt yesterday too.. However, I ALREADY responded to the other email from Jason or whoever saying that yes, indeed, I DO want to go to G-town. Why do they keep writing to make sure over and over? I'm starting to get annoyed.
GPA:  3.78
LSAT: 167

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2004, 10:00:53 AM »
Hi...I am new here, stuck on the PT regular waitlist (not priority).  I have some questions I was hoping someone could answer...
1) has anyone on PT heard anything, gotten any emails etc.?  It sounds like all the posts are from FT priority people, correct?
2) I know that the waitlisted candidates are all lumped together (PT and FT), but does anyone know the stats for PT waitlisters specifically?  Out of the hundreds put on the two lists how many of those people are PT?  Also, how many PT waitlisted people do they take - is it less that the 50 or so for FT priority and 10-20 FT from the regular waitlist?
Thanks!

Go to lawschoolnumbers.com and do a search for GULC PT'ers only.  That should give you a good idea of where you stand with regards to other PT waitlisted applicants.

I don't think they lump all of the waitlisted applicants together.  I think they separate the PT from the FT.  Based on my numbers, if I had applied FT I would have been rejected outright.  Yet, I'm on the PWL.  I don't think they're going to do anything with the PT waitlist until they've gauged the interest of those on the FT waitlist.  I think they'll offer the FT waitlisters slots in the PT program and if they don't get enough to fill it up, then they'll start contacting the PT WL.  This is not good news for people like myself.

Macul

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2004, 12:41:21 PM »
"has anyone on PT heard anything, gotten any emails etc.?  It sounds like all the posts are from FT priority people, correct?"

jed - I was placed on the pt pref. list in early april.  About mid april I was sent an email tellng me to confirm my interest.  But unlike these other ppl posting, I did not get cc on this last batch of emails that went early this week.  ???

Speedracer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2004, 07:51:14 PM »
So, I got in off the waitlist today and I am super excited, and I hope you all get in to
Hey I guess people really do get off the waitlist =)

-Speed

Ivy_Bound

• IVY Class of '07
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2004, 10:09:47 PM »
I was just accepted the other day.  i am still holding out for H/Y/S, but GULC is certainly a good start!

Best of luck to the rest of you!
Columbia or Stanford?

taterstol

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2004, 12:25:41 AM »
I just got in off the waitlist today too! I had an orgasm in the mail room.

DC Waiting

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2004, 12:44:14 PM »
Hey guys,

Can you now log on to the admitted students website?  I got a package slip today but don't have time to pick it up until Monday - not sure what it is, but could be from G-town.  I thought en easier way to tell would be to try and log on to the site, but it won't let me, so maybe I'm not in?
GPA:  3.78
LSAT: 167

taterstol

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2004, 03:23:36 PM »
Ya I can log in... but i wouldn't get your hopes up. If they just admitted you on friday then they might not have had time to activate the site for you yet.

The other thing though, and I don't know if this happened to other people, but I got an email that all-but said I was admitted. It was actually kinda funny... it was from Andy Cornblat, and he said that while the policy doesn't allow him to release decisions over email, he just wanted to inform me that I would be able to access the admitted students site w/in 24 hours, followed by, "was that subtle enough?" But again, I got the email after I had already received my package, so I still wouldn't discount it.

burrito

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2004, 11:32:29 AM »
UPDATE: According to my source in the GULC admissions office, they have not received as many second deposits as they were initially expecting.  They said that while it is still possible that they will receive a wave of deposits this week, as of today, they expect maybe 5-10 seats to open up for the PT program.  Good luck.

taterstol

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2004, 12:03:47 PM »
Aren't second deposits not due until June 1st? I hope so... maybe I should go pay mine.