Law School Discussion

Georgetown Waitlist

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2004, 11:17:35 AM »
I'd send it.  If it's all As, and the drop isn't annotated as a D-fail, or anything like that, it can't hurt.  It's only bad if you have drops with failing grads or you dropped a ton of courses

ronny

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2004, 10:44:37 AM »
So, all GULC admin offices have off tomorrow. Anyone want to guess as to when we might begin to hear some news?

I am still holding to my theory that:

Letter in the mail= rejection
E-mail= IN or stay on list

ronny

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2004, 10:46:22 AM »
Also, has anyone noticed that their status has changed back to complete on status check?

Mine has not changed (been at Decision since December)....but Jed changed to "Complete" and then back to "Decision" before receiving his rejection letter...

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2004, 11:27:13 AM »
My status still says "Decision"

I just talked to the admissions office.  I asked for Kimberly, because she had been my email contact, and was told she is out of town and will be back Monday.  The woman who answered took down my name, and told me that the committee is crunching numbers, reviewing files, etc and that everyone will be contacted on the 15th, either way (if you get in, or don't).  Seems to me like they will be sending emails, because otherwise she couldn't guarantee which day it would arrive. 

This is going to suck.  I have to write a check to GW that's due on that day.  Even if G-town admits me, I'll have like 3 hours to decide what to do, and deliver my check to GW.  Considering that I definitely wouldn't have any financial aid information until a few days later, I'll be writing the check no matter what, so I guess it's a lost cause.

ronny

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2004, 11:38:56 AM »
My admissions contact told me something similar, though slightly different:

She said everyone would hear BY the 15th by either mail or e-mail. I imagine they would send out some rejections today (so they arrive by Tuesday) and then e-mail acceptances and stay on the WL people.....maybe it is good that we are still at "Decision"....but who really knows...:)

ronny

« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2004, 03:05:57 PM »
Hey Guys:

Anyone here anything from GULC today (by mail)? I didn't, but I thought they may have sent something by mail on Thursday (maybe rejections?)....

ronny

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2004, 08:45:31 AM »
Did anyone's status change on status check this morning? I am still at "Decision"....just wondering if anyone went back to "Complete"....

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2004, 03:21:58 PM »
Just called GULC Admissions, they said that emails would be sent out between now and tomorrow...Let us know if you hear anything.

ronny

« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »
What time did you call?

The consensus on the XOXO board is that everyone will hear tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from them today---unless they are staying late (it is now 5:45pm EST) I think we will hear from them tomorrow.

« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2004, 04:07:55 PM »
If they're emailing us tommorow its probably to tell us to keep waiting on the list. The admissions website says "It is the policy of the Admissions Office that decisions are sent by mail only and not released over the internet, phone or fax." I wonder if this applies to waitlist decisions?