Law School Discussion

W&L Interview

W&L Interview
« on: January 25, 2007, 10:58:48 PM »
Did anyone with low scores apply to W&L and conduct an interview?  I have a 161 and 3.54 and I conducted an interview over the phone a few days ago.  The assistant director of admissions interviewed me and sounded very pleased.  I have a good resume she said everything was very good from my letters of rec to my PS and my GPA was just right, but my LSAT score was a little low so they were going to wait until they have a better idea as to the applicant pool, and if they needed anyone with my score I might get in.  LSN troubles me because it looks like W&L only accepted one person last year with my scores, and only after waitlisting.  Has anyone been told something similar.  Am I in or is it very likely that they won't dare touch my LSAT score?

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: W&L Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 11:07:01 PM »
Did anyone with low scores apply to W&L and conduct an interview?  I have a 161 and 3.54 and I conducted an interview over the phone a few days ago.  The assistant director of admissions interviewed me and sounded very pleased.  I have a good resume she said everything was very good from my letters of rec to my PS and my GPA was just right, but my LSAT score was a little low so they were going to wait until they have a better idea as to the applicant pool, and if they needed anyone with my score I might get in.  LSN troubles me because it looks like W&L only accepted one person last year with my scores, and only after waitlisting.  Has anyone been told something similar.  Am I in or is it very likely that they won't dare touch my LSAT score?

Our information comes from the same sources yours does.  Last year 65/ 398 people with 3.5-3.75 and 160-164 got in.  Your chances are probably somewhere between what you stated in your question.  I would guess that you are far from in, but I don't think they would ask for an interview if there wasn't something they liked about you.  Don't bet the farm on it, but be extremely cautiously optomistic.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 05:16:04 AM »
Wait, did they request the interview? Did you?

Zam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 05:27:17 AM »
I agree with what was already said; they are interested in you but you are not in yet.

Good luck to the OP.