Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Retakers are more relxed or is it just me?  (Read 648 times)

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Retakers are more relxed or is it just me?
« on: January 26, 2007, 12:36:03 AM »
So I'm retaking the LSAt and there are almost 2 weeks left before the real thing, when I was taking the test for the 1st time in September of 06, I was so nervous around the same period of time before the test. However this time around, I have this super chill attitude, I really do not know why. I understand that this test is very important but for some reason I'm so calm that it scares me. I spoke to my mother about it and she said that it's cause I just don't give a *&^% anymore, which isn't true at all.
So is anyone else in the same situation, or was when retaking or is it just me?

Phofe

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - Phofe2774
    • View Profile
Re: Retakers are more relxed or is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:44:58 AM »
I'm feeling the same way!  I took it in September and it was the only thing I talked or thought about.  I am about to retake it and it is never something to talk about and rarely something to think about.  My mom said the same thing.  I hope I stay this calm and donít freak the night before or something.

LatherRinseRepeat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:55:57 AM »
good things happen in life when you don't give a *&^%. 

everyone says that above love, right?  stop searching for it, and it'll come to you.

on that note, I will stop searching for my 170, and wait for it to come to me  :-*
I respectfully disagree!!

LatherRinseRepeat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:27:50 AM »
good things happen in life when you don't give a sh*t.
huh?
care to follow up on that?

I think there is SOME truth to what i said. i guess it doesn't cross over all categories.  but, i do think that when i lower expectations and i don't get emotional about something,....good things happen. for example, every job interview i've had, and i've walked out thinking.."ohh,man i didn't get it."........i end up getting it!  But, everything i really work hard for and really really want......i end up not getting it.

same thing with relationships.  if you're diggin' someone, they end up appalled by you.  if you're not diggin' someone, then...they end up like moosh in your hands. 

life.....
I respectfully disagree!!

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »
Good to see that there are others like me.

And yes, I hope I'll stay this way until the LSAT.

10shot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:51:07 AM »
I don't know.  I don't feel all that freaked out about the LSAT and it's going to be my first time.  Yesterday I had a horrible test (based on where I've been going) and I just kind of blew it off as I was having a bad time and didn't let it get to me too bad.  After that one I had two of the best individual section scores I've ever got.  Maybe for some people it just takes realizing that you're going to get what you're going to get.  Oh yeah, and the whole notion that you can retake is generally calming to me. 
UMich class of 2012
Go Blue!

sumsunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »
how do you look at the LR in a mathematical manner? Please expound... I dont know why, but i keep fluctuating with my lr!!  ???

Harmonium

• Sr. Citizen
  • Schiedmayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »
I'm pumped. My new score will only help me off waitlists and schools that were gonna deny or waitlist me anyway. And I'm not going to do worse than I did before, because I did pretty much rock bottom for me in September.

I just went through my September test (PT50) for fun (yes, for fun) and did LR section 2 and the games section and aced them all, with time to spare. Granted I've seen them before and remember the tricks and hooks to many of them, but it was refreshing to know that I haven't lost it in these months, that I'm at the very least going to perform solidly.

I've been working on LR and games in the past few days and I've noticed that if I look at everything from a mathematical perspective, the test almost becomes laughably easy. Sure you're bound to miss one here or there...only the monsters can get the 177+ I think. But don't let the wordy nature of the logical reasoning or the six variables in games get to you. Take some college upper level math courses and it'll seem like a piece of cake, trust me...

I don't know how you can claim this when you scored in the mid-160's. True, the LSAT is just much less sophisticated than vector calculus or tensor analysis. But it has enough obfuscations to bring enough people down below where they think they should score.

Seeing the necessary inferences in LSAT questions? Easy. Seeing them under time constraints? Not always so easy.

kor591

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 05:25:51 PM »
first time taker and remaining very calm.
Hoping for a 170, avg pt around 167-8ish. best pt being 172.

I tend to fluctuate a lot in LRs. However, I believe that this test really depends on
the day u take it. If u are in good condition, u may do better than usual.

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »
I'm going to retake it and when I was going over my first test I look at some questions and the light just turned on. I hope that the second time around I won't let all the time constraints get to me
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165