Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I searched and couldn't find it - so just tell me!  (Read 1127 times)

LSDlurker

• View Profile
    • Email
I searched and couldn't find it - so just tell me!
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:50:22 PM »

??? ??? ???

If your UG gives A+ grades but counts them as 4.0, does LSAC count them as 4.0 as well or do they count them as 4.33?  My pre-law counselor says yes, but I'm not so sure about her, so I'm counting on the wisdom of random internet folk instead.

:D :D ;D

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I searched and couldn't find it - so just tell me!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
Yes, LSAC calculates an A+ at 4.33 regardless of your UG.

What peeves me is that since my UG is on the 4.0 scale, most professors don't bother to give out A+s since they don't make a difference really.  Which means that in several classes that I should have gotten A+s, I got As, which kills me when I think of the extra LSDAS GPA points.  Arrg!

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 07:52:59 PM »

What peeves me is that since my UG is on the 4.0 scale, most professors don't bother to give out A+s since they don't make a difference really.  Which means that in several classes that I should have gotten A+s, I got As, which kills me when I think of the extra LSDAS GPA points.  Arrg!

Yeah, A+ doesn't exist at my university. It sucks balls.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »
True...  This.  Makes.  Me.  Angry.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »

Yeah, A+ doesn't exist at my university. It sucks balls.

Ha Ha....balls

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:38:13 AM »
This is such BS.  4.03 on a 4-pt scale my ass.
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 01:08:05 PM »
Why don't they just standardize it by multiplying the gpa by (4/4.33)?
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 01:28:59 PM »
This is such BS.  4.03 on a 4-pt scale my ass.
Yeah, that bothered me too. If the whole point of LSAC's standardization is to fit a variety of GPA systems to a 0.0 to 4.0 system, why do they permit 4.33's? Either down-convert them relative to the 4.0 system, or upconvert people's As who don't get A+s to 4.33.

Duh...that would be WAY too reasonable and fair...

we're talking about LSAC here in case you've forgotten

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:51:42 PM »

Mine too, its really lame when I get a 98 or 99 and its the same as a 93. Think of all the homework I could have NOT done! LOL

oudidntno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »

Mine too, its really lame when I get a 98 or 99 and its the same as a 93. Think of all the homework I could have NOT done! LOL

I think I got one better...now that I am finished with my undergrad, my school is about to start using the +/- system this summer- I calculated the other night that if they had done that for my entire undergrad my 3.37 would have been between a 3.7 to a 3.8.  That would mean instead of hoping for acceptance from a school in the 20's, I would be looking in the 10's.  Oh Well.