Law School Discussion

Boalt - "Passed initial review"

xonkdt

• View Profile
Re: Boalt - "Passed initial review"
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007, 06:50:46 PM »
I got the e-mail too today...and im disappointed that I wasn't in the first 550 and that I now only have a sliver of hope. I want to go there sooo bad.

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 06:51:28 PM »
Groundhog - nm I just backtracked and saw you didn't get it.
Any rough estimates of how many ppl Dean Tom has accepted so far? Or does he stop accepting them after the date of the committee and then it is all committee?

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 06:55:23 PM »
Steve is right...Dean Tom will accept about 500 people each year on his own, and then send what I assume are a few hundred "borderline" applications to their committee.  At the point the committee will select a couple hundred more for admission, and probably many more for waitlisting. 

I would think if one applied before middle of November, and did NOT receive this e-mail, you might be looking at a rejection.

That breaks my heart. They are my top choice, I even say that in my PS, and my numbers are at their median. WTF.

I sympathize...My top choice too. I guess my LSAT wasn't good enough, among other things.

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
I'm so sad, (no e-mail) and I guess a little confused. I thought I was a really good match for Boalt- high GPA (some say 1st class translates as 4.0), medium high LSAT, lots of public service and a huge focus on one of their areas of expertise Environmental Law. I was def not expecting an immediate acceptance but I would have thought my application might merit a second look?

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2007, 07:21:55 PM »
Your LSAT is "high"...esp. for Boalt. As I keep saying, there are probably plenty of people who will get this e-mail or an acceptance in the next few days who haven't heard anything yet.

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »
HAHAHA!!

170 is "medium high?"  I think not...I hope Jets is right, because that would absurd if someone with 3.8/170 doesn't even get deferred.

spud1987

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »
I'm so sad, (no e-mail) and I guess a little confused. I thought I was a really good match for Boalt- high GPA (some say 1st class translates as 4.0), medium high LSAT, lots of public service and a huge focus on one of their areas of expertise Environmental Law. I was def not expecting an immediate acceptance but I would have thought my application might merit a second look?

I'm sure you'll at least get an email.  I got an email and both my numbers are above their 75 percentile.

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
Steve, I'm most likely going to Disneyland around March 15th.  I'll write up a nice full review for you, buddy.

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »
Got the email. Very humbling, but I can't complain at this point.

Chances of getting into Boalt are about 1 in 10 to begin with, so having 2 in 15 odds isn't too bad. I know it's a higher caliber of applicant we're competing with at this point, but Boalt seems pretty random with their admissions anyway.

Argh. Who knows what those hippies are looking for.

vap

• Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2007, 08:14:22 PM »
There are definitely too many people in this thread freaking out about not getting the e-mail.  It either means 1) your application is still under review in the initial stages 2) you were held for further consideration, 3) you were rejected, and you'll hear soon, or 4) you were accepted, and you'll hear soon.