Law School Discussion

Boalt - "Passed initial review"

Boalt - "Passed initial review"
« on: January 25, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »
What the hell is this supposed to mean?

"We write to inform you that your law school application at Boalt Hall has passed an initial review and that it has been selected for further consideration by the Faculty Admissions Committee.  The Committee will begin its deliberations next week, and we anticipate that final decisions will be released by February 23.   We ask that you not submit supplementary materials at this time as doing so will only impede the process.

We thank you for your patience during our deliberations."

You tell me you received my app.
You tell me I'm complete.
You tell me I'm being "processed."

The next thing you're supposed to send is a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Stop being a cocktease and getting me all excited with your flirty emails, you saucy little minx.

Seriously though, any idea what this indicates?

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
Re: Boalt - "Passed initial review"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 03:54:30 PM »

"We write to inform you that your law school application at Boalt Hall has passed an initial review and that it has been selected for further consideration by the Faculty Admissions Committee.  The Committee will begin its deliberations next week, and we anticipate that final decisions will be released by February 23.   We ask that you not submit supplementary materials at this time as doing so will only impede the process.

Stop being a cocktease and getting me all excited with your flirty emails, you saucy little minx.

Doesn't seem all that bad. It's like when the waitress comes by after your order has been in for 20 minutes. She doesn't have your food, she just wants to let you know that they're still making it, and they should have it out to you soon.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:54:46 PM »
Sounds like all the other sneaky "deferral" emails.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 03:57:28 PM »
last year it was feb 22nd i think

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »
continuing with the waitress metaphor....if you've been a bad customer...that just means they're spitting on your food. just hope you've been nice to her up to this point.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 03:59:46 PM »
Damn.  I didn't get this.  Guess my rejection is fast approaching.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
last year it was feb 22nd i think

Do you have any idea if many people who received the email last year went on to be accepted?

TotsnHarvard

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »

Hey, at least Berkeley has even acknowledged your application.  I have heard zip zero from the west coast.  i guess i was always an Atlantic boy at heart...

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 04:06:35 PM »

Hey, at least Berkeley has even acknowledged your application.  I have heard zip zero from the west coast.  i guess i was always an Atlantic boy at heart...

Only took em 2.5 months to let me know that I'll know....eventually.  :D

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 04:26:09 PM »
What a mysterious e-mail. Maybe they decided not to currently take action, but not to reject or accept you either?

Regardless, didn't get the e-mail, went complete right before Christmas. Guess we'll see.