Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Emory FAST, what does this mean for other schools?  (Read 3282 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: In at Emory FAST, what does this mean for other schools?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 10:43:42 PM »
In at Emory.. relatively fast too. ;D ;D

AHHHHH congrats!!!!!!  will be PM'ing shortly!
Columbia 3L

alphadog24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »
FWIW, I got accepted to Emory 3 days after I went complete. I am URM though. I dont think you can/should make predictions about what other schools may do based on what Emory did. I do think though, if you go complete this fast, it shows they like you. Maybe they want to increase their science major students for patent bars and stuff.

You just might get some $$, but dont feel bad if you dont. Emory is notoriously tight with the cash. I probably will get money from most of the smiliarly ranked schools I get into, but not Emory, except if its need aid or something.
Emory Law 2010

kitcat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 12:12:27 AM »
 ;) I was accepted in late january, maybe a week before the feb.1 financial aid deadline. 

imo, getting in at emory didn't mean anything for my other schools. i basically got in if my LSAT was higher or at the school's median.

so far, emory has given me the most money (almost 60k), so i guess that means i should start apartment hunting soon and send in the first deposit! i'm in at fordham pt, although i've heard no word about financial aid from them. am i crazy to choose emory over fordham if i'll be practicing in ny?

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
;) I was accepted in late january, maybe a week before the feb.1 financial aid deadline. 

imo, getting in at emory didn't mean anything for my other schools. i basically got in if my LSAT was higher or at the school's median.

so far, emory has given me the most money (almost 60k), so i guess that means i should start apartment hunting soon and send in the first deposit! i'm in at fordham pt, although i've heard no word about financial aid from them. am i crazy to choose emory over fordham if i'll be practicing in ny?

Based on what i've been reading on these message boards--absolutely. If you know you want to practice in NY, Fordham is the way to go.

ari

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »
kitcat: if you were accepted to Fordham PT, you will not be getting any $$$ from them. you will most likely be only eligible for loans. as to the Fordham/Emory decision I think you really have to consider the difference between PT and FT. Is there a valid reason why you are doing PT? such as a full time job? My understanding is that PT is really for people with established careers or those who cannot afford to not work while in school. Employers will see your first year transcript and will definitely ask you why chose to do PT and what you were doing with all that extra time. If no such reason exists, my advice is to take the money and move to ATL!

kitcat

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 02:16:11 PM »
 :) thanks for the advice ari~ for a junior member you seem very well-informed.

i'll see the rest of you this weekend at the emory asw!

bmills

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 11:06:03 PM »
I experienced a similar situation. Scholarship letters are out now though as I applied after you and received my scholarship letter as well. Are you considering going to accepted student's day on 4/4, 4/5?
Transfer window activity: Bought (accepted)-Emory ($$$$) In talks waitlist- Sold (denied)-Gtown

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 12:33:40 AM »
I experienced a similar situation. Scholarship letters are out now though as I applied after you and received my scholarship letter as well. Are you considering going to accepted student's day on 4/4, 4/5?

This post is from last year.