Law School Discussion

Personal Reasons for Choosing NYU/CLS?

////

• View Profile
Personal Reasons for Choosing NYU/CLS?
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:55:24 PM »
I know there are a lot of threads debating the difference between the two (if anyone wants to post some - I will add to the top) and I don't know how much can really be gleaned from them as it seems to be such a personal decision.

With that in mind, would any current students or decided pre-laws be willing to share the reason they chose one over the other? I'd really be particularly interested in anything beyond the typical location / campus versus city responses.

Also, how much $$ would it take to sway you to choose the other?

Thanks in Advance!

Your Pal,

Monkey

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Personal Reasons for Choosing NYU/CLS?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
taggitty tag tag tag

////

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
Looking forward to it, Demingh!

Too specific to be the topic, but if anyone feels like helping me on my personal issues (pre-visit)?

• I am definitely quite left leaning politically, though I am very fond of purely ecomomic/market solutions whenever possible
  • I currently live in the Village, and my wife refuses to move to the UWS at least for a year, and possibly never (she has that power, since she will largely be supporting me during the next 3 years)
  • I am interested in BigLaw, leaning toward IP (non-patent), but this may change with exposure (currently none)
  • I have always been collegial (sharing my papers / editing others) in UG, and am worried about the rumored cutthroat atmosphere at CLS
  • I'll have been out of school 4 years when 1L starts - if that is even relevant
  • I may want to practice in either London or Boston (instead/after NYC)

Anyone out there commute to CLS via A-train to 125th - I did this for the LSAT and it was fast, but I'm interested in any problems etc.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:40:37 PM »
you live in the village already? just go to nyu then.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
I don't do it THAT frequently, but I suspect you wouldn't have any problems with the A from the village.  No more than the norm for the mta, anyway.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 02:57:06 PM »
t-diddly-ag

RUMike

• I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 03:09:57 PM »
You live in the Village already!?!? Wow, I wish I was that lucky. Assuming you like it there, you know NYU's location does dances around Columbia's. The neighborhood alone would make me pick NYU over Columbia (I wish I was able to have this decision).

bohemian_revolution

• le fabuleux destin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 05:55:05 PM »
I love NYU. I'm rather left leaning, love that it seems to have a really collegial atmosphere. But most importantly of all, it has a joint degree program with the French Studies department and I am a total francophile who'd kill to be able to do both.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
I love NYU. I'm rather left leaning, love that it seems to have a really collegial atmosphere. But most importantly of all, it has a joint degree program with the French Studies department and I am a total francophile who'd kill to be able to do both.

well, it certainly is a place for bleeding heart liberals.

bohemian_revolution

• le fabuleux destin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »

well, it certainly is a place for bleeding heart liberals.

It certainly isn't for everyone  ;)