• View Profile
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:57:02 PM »

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
Sent off my initial FAFSA. Getting the info from my parents was annoying, and I'm sure my dad won't do his taxes and have concrete numbers until April 15th, as usual. Also, I hear Need Access is a female dog and I haven't even looked at it yet. Oh, and my parents will be out of the country for the next month, so I better make sure I have all of the info I need from them before they leave.

Ugh.

Feel free to rant, hijack, whatever.

I thought you don't need fam info. Maybe I should actually do this thing.
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Meh.  My employer's being a pain about my W2.  I was told we could expect them last week.  When they didn't come I was told we would get them tomorrow, but I don't think that's going to happen either.  I know you can estimate the amount for FAFSA and update it later, but I'd rather do it all in one sitting.   

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
Meh.  My employer's being a pain about my W2.  I was told we could expect them last week.  When they didn't come I was told we would get them tomorrow, but I don't think that's going to happen either.  I know you can estimate the amount for FAFSA and update it later, but I'd rather do it all in one sitting.   

Yeah, I plan on just estimating then redoing later, because I have no idea how long it'll take my W2s to trickle in. Plus it's irrelevant, I don't mind tking out private loans since I'll be a corporate whore in 3 years anyway.
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

TerribleTTTowel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've been out of school a few years, and I still can't file my updated FAFSA because my undergrad loan guys haven't calculated my reportable interest paid.

h2xblive

Even after all that work, isn't it possible that you will end up getting non-subsidized loans?

TerribleTTTowel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Can you do an initial one with estimates?

Yeah, already did a FAFSA with estimates, but I want to be done with it and also do the NeedAccess.

sentimentalhygienist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'll vent a bit about Need Access.  I mean, I don't have a bad relationship with my parents, yet I still have a hard time asking them for ALL of their financial information.  I can't imagine what it would be like if, say, we hated each other.

And I haven't spent too much time on it, but from what I've looked at, I get the impression that I have to provide info for my Dad's wife, too!  WTF?

h2xblive

Even after all that work, isn't it possible that you will end up getting non-subsidized loans?

Is this directed at someone in particular or just in general like after filling out all of hte paperwork, you'll get unsubsidized loans?

If it's the latter, then I'm pretty sure if you're paying for all of tuition (ie no scholarship) you can't pay for all of it with only subsidized loans. They still have lower rates than private loans (I believe)

That's what I thought, thanks.

h2xblive

Ville, aren't you a current 1L?

Nope.  I start this fall.

What made you think I was a 1L?