Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The right time to send Letters of Cont'd Interest?  (Read 278 times)

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
The right time to send Letters of Cont'd Interest?
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:18:55 PM »
Seems like many are sending them out as soon as they find out they're waitlisted or deferred.  However those on the waitlist don't get looked at again until a couple months down the road.  Should I wait and send it then or send it ASAP?
Yale 2010

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The right time to send Letters of Cont'd Interest?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »
I sent some already.  I assume they'll just get added to the file for whenever they look again.  I don't want to try to "time" it and end up having some school look again before my letter arrives.

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »
I sent some already.  I assume they'll just get added to the file for whenever they look again.  I don't want to try to "time" it and end up having some school look again before my letter arrives.

Aha sounds like a plan.  And I was so looking forward to just sitting back and watching the cycle unfold.  That's not gonna happen. 

So far I've written the personal, diversity, and school-tailored essays.  Now I have these to stew about.  Seriously does it ever end???  This better be worth it!!!  :P  :)
Yale 2010

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »

Aha sounds like a plan.  And I was so looking forward to just sitting back and watching the cycle unfold.  That's not gonna happen. 

So far I've written the personal, diversity, and school-tailored essays.  Now I have these to stew about.  Seriously does it ever end???  This better be worth it!!!  :P  :)

Q: When does it end?
A:  When you accept a job offer.  Until then...it's more letters and resumes and thank you's and applications.  Lather; rinse; repeat.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*