Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What up UNC?  (Read 8550 times)

seacotton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What up UNC?
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:50 PM »
I agree with this.  She sent me a patronizing and uninformative email when I asked what was taking so long.

Debt Magnet

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2007, 10:45:53 PM »
Wow. Now, I have to admit that I didn't have many dealing with Ms. Ekpo, but she usually returned my emails in a timely fashion and never got snippy with me. Of course, I approached her pretty meekly, tail between legs, so I probably didn't give her cause to show her fangs. Interesting to read that piece on her as a beauty pageant judge. Don't they know that most of the world considers it the epitome of shallow, not a logical progession to judging who can handle 16 credit hours of law classes per semester? I should have made my PS sound a little more "zoolander" abot how I wanted help kids who couldn't read good and do other stuff good too.

Well, good luck ruining the next top program. And, did you happen to slip my app in the good pile on the way out, just to piss em off? That would be classic. Really. Did you?

Forget Money, Read a Book

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2007, 11:56:16 PM »
I was waitlisted yesterday. I am not staying on the waitlist. Not too dissapointed considering I applied on the due date and did not tailor the personal statement to their questions. I was expecting a rejection just for the latter reason.

learned i was waitlisted yesterday via my roommate......whatever.
Attending: The "U"

IN: UMiami($$), UofArizona($$), American, URichmond($$), UofSouth Carolina($$)
OUT:  BC, IU-B, UF,
WL:  GWU, UNC, UGA

seacotton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2007, 08:18:30 AM »
I agree with this.  She sent me a patronizing and uninformative email when I asked what was taking so long.

As Debt Magnet pointed out, I do have to say she was very quick to respond with her patronizing email.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2007, 08:20:07 AM »

As Debt Magnet pointed out, I do have to say she was very quick to respond with her patronizing email.

I dont know the circumstances surroudning her disappearance from campus but I must say I met her twice and she was plain sweet.
Washington University School of Law 2010

Bridge83

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2007, 08:39:31 AM »
In my interactions with her, she was nice, helpful, and always remembered me and details about me.  I do agree that their admission process does not give the warm fuzzies....but it is finally over for me  :)

I was admitted via e-mail with a $2,500/year scholarship on Tuesday.  171/3.6.

legalwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2007, 09:12:47 AM »
Bridge, are you in-state or out-of-state?

I also had good interactions with Ms. Ekpo. She was always prompt and polite with my various questions, and she was quite courteous when I visited the school last year. 

sharky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2007, 09:49:35 AM »
She was prompt, but didn't really take the time to answer the questions.  (And the responses were not at all professional.) 

Nearly all admissions people are "nice" or "courteous".  I don't get a bonus for being nice and courteous at my job.  It's the bare minimum -- certainly not an indication of doing a good job.  Doing a good job as an admissions director means admitting a top class and RECRUITING a top class (admitting them with enough time to visit before deciding, sending shiny things in the mail, scholarships, admitted students days, and being courteous).

Bridge83

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »
Bridge, are you in-state or out-of-state?

No, not in-state.

Debt Magnet

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2007, 01:10:42 PM »
Anybody go to ASD on the 13th? Any insights for the rest of us standing in the rain looking in at you eating icecream cones and frolicking with puppies?