Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Um...$hit please help  (Read 651 times)

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Um...$hit please help
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:49:25 AM »
Ok I am reposting this in a sub-forum to see if anyone can give me something to go on...

I seem to have a slight problem here.  It appears as if my University has made a gaffe on my transcript that I did not notice/was not there before, i.e. when I sent my transcript to LSDAS months ago.  The problem on its face does not seem huge - basically I have two 6-hour courses entitled "Government Internship" which represent a full-time internship I did for an entire semester.  The grade however, is listed as "NR" or "Nor Reported". It does not affect my GPA at all, but it does affect the number of institutional hours that it says I have on my university transcript.

My question is this.  I am sure that internship grades are often recorded as Pass/Fail or S/U grading, so law schools will likely not think twice about the NR (I'm guessing, correct me if I'm wrong).  However, will they look at the number of hours that my transcript says I have and say "wait a minute, he won't graduate in May?" and thus negatively affect my admissions prospect?  Or is that not an issue which they take into account (thus leaving it to the student to graduate, and if he doesnt he simply cannot attend).  This is kind of freaking me out.

I hope to go to the professor's office tomorrow in order to sort it out, but I would then have to request another transcript be sent to LSDAS, wait for that to be processed, and have corrected reports sent out to schools (a process which will undoubtedly take forever).  I would like to be secure in knowing that since it wouldn't have affected my GPA anyway, I can leave that as is and just worried about getting it fixed so that I can actually graduate come May.

Thanks for any insight you might have...somebody please help me prevent the looming heart attack...

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Um...$hit please help
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:57:40 PM »
The adcomm is not going to have each school's graduation requirements sitting in front of them as they reveiw files.  They will look at your GPA, major, selection of courses, etc.  Not the number of credit hours...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...