Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "Bitter Because Everyone Else Got An Acceptance Today And I Didn't" Thread  (Read 22815 times)

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
How sweet are you, NavyGirl!  I saw you also applied to FSU (which is in my top 3 since my undergrad is here). I talked to them last week, and they said we should know by May 1st at the latest about admission.  Also, the dean calls you if you are accepted.  Do you mind me asking what your GPA is since you don't have an LSN link?

My gpa sucks.  My cum gpa at school at the time of the reports was a 3.8, but my gpa after lsac got it and factored in my horrible 2 years at GMU TEN YEARS AGO (lol) and brought it down to a 3.05, I think.  Which is why I'm not expecting too many happy days when the mail finally comes  :'(
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm really starting to squirm. 

My Mom FINALLY came back today and read my mail over the phone.  Out at W&M (completely expecting that...I posted on another board that I only applied so my Mom would see the rejection letter herself and stop asking why I wasn't applying to VA schools  :P )

2 waitlists:  Miami and Kentucky.  But the Miami had a postcard that had to be received by Apr 2nd if you wanted to stay on the waitlist...seeing as how it is Apr 2 as she's reading my mail...Miami is out by default.

And one acceptance--Penn State.  I know, I Know...this is the bitter b/c I didn't get accepted thread...but I had horrible visions of this.  The one school that I had the money and time to visit (since it is so close to me already) and that I didn't really click with...of course THAT school would be the one I get into. Ugh. 

I'm still waiting on 8 other decisions.  Seat deposit for Penn State is due the 13th...and I don't know whether to be happy that at least I got in somewhere or horrified at the thought of losing much needed money ($500) non-refundable at that, just to get an acceptance to somewhere I'd rather go on the 14th.  I guarantee it... I can see it now...IF I have another acceptance coming...it won't be here until after my seat deposit is due.   ;D :D ;D :D My kinda luck  ;)

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be complaining... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
2 waitlists:  Miami and Kentucky.  But the Miami had a postcard that had to be received by Apr 2nd if you wanted to stay on the waitlist...seeing as how it is Apr 2 as she's reading my mail...Miami is out by default.

Call Miami and explain the situation. If they need a written confirmation that you want to stay on the waitlist, an email might suffice; but I'd certainly call the admissions office and talk to them before hand. I don't think you need to rule Miami out just yet.
Attending: UT.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)
Waitlisted: Columbia, Duke, Michigan, UCLA

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email

Call Miami and explain the situation. If they need a written confirmation that you want to stay on the waitlist, an email might suffice; but I'd certainly call the admissions office and talk to them before hand. I don't think you need to rule Miami out just yet.

Thanks, I didn't think of that...I'll try calling.   ;D

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
I heard from my first school today: New York Law School.

I was waitlisted at a school I figured I'd get into and might get money from.  Also, the letter was dated March 23rd, and it just now got to me.  I'm sad.  Really sad, and now I have to go to work and congratulate undergrad students at getting into my school. 

This was like when I got my LSAT score at disney world...

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
I heard from my first school today: New York Law School.

I was waitlisted at a school I figured I'd get into and might get money from.  Also, the letter was dated March 23rd, and it just now got to me.  I'm sad.  Really sad, and now I have to go to work and congratulate undergrad students at getting into my school. 

This was like when I got my LSAT score at disney world...

Sucks. Especially the part about congratulating others when you're feeling down.

That said, you WILL get into another school! It sucks, but give the mail time to come. They're busy, but someone is going to show you some love.

ihope i hope

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
Navy- Penn state's deposit IS refundable. 
Shippin' off to Buffalo, to find my wooden leg!

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Navy- Penn state's deposit IS refundable. 

Are you sure?  I have nothing to argue with--my Mom has my mail and read it over the phone, I thought she read a part saying it was non-refundable.  Well...if it is, then you just made my night!  ;D