Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "Bitter Because Everyone Else Got An Acceptance Today And I Didn't" Thread  (Read 22723 times)

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
I think if they don't get back to you by April, you have every right to call them and ask them what's up with your app. They CAN'T NOT get back to you - you paid the $60+ app fee so that they will review your file and render a decision.
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack

Dr. Raoul Duke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think if they don't get back to you by April, you have every right to call them and ask them what's up with your app. They CAN'T NOT get back to you - you paid the $60+ app fee so that they will review your file and render a decision.

Seriously.  The fact that we shell out so much $$$ and then sit for months on end in silence is kinda ridiculous.  I understand that adcoms are inundated with with a massive workload. But hell, I'd imagine all that revenue would go into hiring the proper staffing so as to ensure that decisions are rendered and shipped out promptly and efficiently.

Or so one would think.

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
Wow, no one's been bitter for quite a while now...

I'm quite bitter...all I got in the mail this week so far was a waitlist and a rejection. Hoping for a good Friday/Saturday. Yet to hear from 9 schools!

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
No mail this week for me! Too bad! I'm still POSITIVE THOUGH! POSITIVE ENERGY!! WOOOO!!!

(I'm sure I'll be negative again next week... So don't worry, I'm not on drugs or something)
VIP.

heatherm

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
I'm hoping for some mail this weekend too.  I know my school and many others have spring break next week...the admissions office works through spring break right?  I'd hate for anything else to delay this already incredibly slow process!

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
No mail this week for me! Too bad! I'm still POSITIVE THOUGH! POSITIVE ENERGY!! WOOOO!!!

(I'm sure I'll be negative again next week... So don't worry, I'm not on drugs or something)

I'm going to ATTEMPT to take a page out of your book and get on the positivity train.  With no access to my snail mail until *next* Sunday, though, we'll see how that one lasts!

. . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
going on 13-14 weeks now...

Dr. Raoul Duke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Well the month of March has brought some sad tidings so far. 

Hopefully this weekend will be different..........

:-\

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
I'm hoping much the same.

It's odd how something simple, like mail delivery, has gone from insignificant to prime, and when no law school news is delivered (like today), my focus shifts to tomorrow. Well, time to go back to nursing this hangover.
Attending: UT.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)
Waitlisted: Columbia, Duke, Michigan, UCLA

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
I'm hoping much the same.

It's odd how something simple, like mail delivery, has gone from insignificant to prime, and when no law school news is delivered (like today), my focus shifts to tomorrow. Well, time to go back to nursing this hangover.

*giggle* :P