Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "Bitter Because Everyone Else Got An Acceptance Today And I Didn't" Thread  (Read 22968 times)

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
Since my only acceptance in January, I have received 4 waitlists and 2 rejections. I am due for an acceptance!
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
Since my only acceptance in January, I have received 4 waitlists and 2 rejections. I am due for an acceptance!

totally!!!!!

i do not anticipate any more acceptanes in the future...my remaining 2 schools are total reaches, boo.

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile

totally!!!!!

i do not anticipate any more acceptanes in the future...my remaining 2 schools are total reaches, boo.

Mine are reaches too...NYU and Duke (and I'm deferred at Mich and Chicago). I thought Hastings was a target/safety, I am surprised I haven't heard from them yet. This whole process is frustrating/confusing.
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack

struggles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Urrrrhhhhh....nothing again

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
Waitlisted at Notre Dame...second waitlist after the UVa WL on Friday. On the bright side, I've at least been getting decisions, though not the ones I would lik e :P

I honestly think if I don't get any acceptances this week, thats it for me.  :(

ihope i hope

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
I agree commie, I feel as if any good news i'm getting, it'll be here sooner rather then later with the exception of WL/deferal decisions.  I don't know if its comforting to get it over with, or upsetting that I can't do any more at this point
Shippin' off to Buffalo, to find my wooden leg!

Nart

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I wrote a letter and got rejected a month later.  I have given up all hopes of getting in ANYWHERE.  Might as well close this account. >:(

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Last night I got home from work and was like "Jesus, COME ON YOU PEOPLE!!" when there was no LS mail. My b/f knew exactly what I was talking about without me having to spell it out.

I'm at week 24 with Case and 20 with Iowa with no decision.

But I am cheered up by the fact that this is the month before the month all the seat deposits are due, so they can't drag it out TOO much longer....

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
Last night I got home from work and was like "Jesus, COME ON YOU PEOPLE!!" when there was no LS mail. My b/f knew exactly what I was talking about without me having to spell it out.

I'm at week 24 with Case and 20 with Iowa with no decision.

But I am cheered up by the fact that this is the month before the month all the seat deposits are due, so they can't drag it out TOO much longer....

Probably about to withdraw from Iowa, so hey, who knows, maybe that'll spur a decision your way? Couldn't hurt.
Attending: UT.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)
Waitlisted: Columbia, Duke, Michigan, UCLA

WINDITUP82

• View Profile
considering one of my top choices is sending out rejection letters... i'm kind of glad not to hear anything... (no news is good news!!!). :-\