Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Bitter Thread  (Read 1004 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
The Bitter Thread
« on: January 24, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »
For those of us who didn't hear anything, saw that everyone else did, and are kind of bitter about it...
VIP.

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
Re: The Bitter Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »
I'll join the thread..Though admittedly I'm not expecting to hear anything yet since I submitted my apps in late Dec/early Jan.

BelleFille

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:10:50 PM »
Im with ya, Cap'n.  I'd really like to hear something, anything.
Penn Law 2010

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
I soooo belong here. I am beyond bitter. Though if an acceptance should come my way I'm sure I will become my old happy self again.
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

Jessy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »
I'll sign in on this one... haven't heard anything in over a week!!

Actually, I take that back... I got an e-mail from Pepperdine last night saying that they were "still reviewing" my application and informing me that they had put together a 7-minute video online so that I might have an idea of what it would be like to study there.  Actually, Pepperdine, I live in Los Angeles and have been to Malibu on several occasions, so I'm already quite familiar with what it might be like to study in SoCal, thankyouverymuch

I was all excited to at least get something from somewhere, but I was somewhat disappointed with the content... especially since I'm aware that they're "still reviewing" my application.  I am actually bright enough to figure that out for myself, since I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »
All I want is my first acceptance so I know law school is a reality as opposed to just a dream.  COME ON!
USD 2010

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:26:36 PM »
I am literally obsessed with the computer, my cell phone, and the mail!

I am too curious for my own good. Waiting blows. I check my phone and my email, every chance I get. As soon as I leave class, I check my phone. Before I even take my back pack in the house, I run to my mailbox. If I drive somewhere, I check my email as soon as I get home.

I am a loser. I am going to drive myself nuts. I hope this semester picks up, so I can keep occupied. This is excruciating!

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »

I am too curious for my own good. Waiting blows. I check my phone and my email, every chance I get. As soon as I leave class, I check my phone. Before I even take my back pack in the house, I run to my mailbox. If I drive somewhere, I check my email as soon as I get home.

I am a loser. I am going to drive myself nuts. I hope this semester picks up, so I can keep occupied. This is excruciating!

You already got into my #1 choice (although I want FT) if I decide to move to the west coast, which is a huge possibility.  I envy you.

And FWIW - I do exactly what you said, except I work, so I have my email open all day and jump at it everytime I see a new message only to be let down time after time.  Admittedly, I applied too recently to hear anything back yet, but you never know.
USD 2010

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 04:31:19 PM »
drpepr and I are twins

I just noticed on your LSN, that we applied to a few of the same schools. I wish my LSAT was twins with your LSAT, damn games!

(I missed EIGHT questions on the real games section after averaging -2 or -3 in practice==CHOKE)

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 04:33:52 PM »

You already got into my #1 choice (although I want FT) if I decide to move to the west coast, which is a huge possibility.  I envy you.

And FWIW - I do exactly what you said, except I work, so I have my email open all day and jump at it everytime I see a new message only to be let down time after time.  Admittedly, I applied too recently to hear anything back yet, but you never know.

I am very thankful for the USD acceptance, and there is definitely a chance I will end up there. Someone else on another thread talked about how much one acceptance just makes you thirsty for more! I don't know why that is? My guess is that you get that rush of euphoria (similar to riding a roller coaster) when you get an acceptance, and you just can't get enough! Like an addict!!!