Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Community College Instructor LOR  (Read 962 times)

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
Community College Instructor LOR
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:12:38 AM »
I recently got my BA, and I'm thinking about going back to school to take a few miscellaneous classes just for self-knowledge purposes.  With that said, I'm also trying to hit two birds with one stone by getting LORs from my future professors/instructors as well because I did not have a good relationship with my professors during my undergraduate career.  I'm planning to take these classes at a community college due to its financial advantages.  My question is do law schools take LORs from community college instructors seriously? Do they have any weight?     

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Community College Instructor LOR
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 02:46:41 AM »
I recently got my BA, and I'm thinking about going back to school to take a few miscellaneous classes just for self-knowledge purposes.  With that said, I'm also trying to hit two birds with one stone by getting LORs from my future professors/instructors as well because I did not have a good relationship with my professors during my undergraduate career.  I'm planning to take these classes at a community college due to its financial advantages.  My question is do law schools take LORs from community college instructors seriously? Do they have any weight?     

I would say that one couldn't hurt.  It will be fine at most schools so long as you have another letter from an employer.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »
thanks!  I didn't even think about getting one from my employer.  I can probably get in contact with the one undergrad prof that I was kind of close with to get a LOR.  I'll just simply get one from all 3 places.  You guys are of great help here at LSD. 

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
If it helps, one of mine was from a CC prof. I did this because a) i knew should would write a good one and b) she was one of the few profs I had a good realtionship with that I could track down (I'm about 10 years out of UG). I was somewhat concerned, but the letter says all the good things it needs to and my employer recommendation is also very good. I guess we will see if it matters based on my accpetances.

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »
Yes, keep me posted about your acceptances 

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:50:16 PM »
thanks!  I didn't even think about getting one from my employer.  I can probably get in contact with the one undergrad prof that I was kind of close with to get a LOR.  I'll just simply get one from all 3 places.  You guys are of great help here at LSD. 

that sounds perfect.  Good luck.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...