Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MWLSD: If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.  (Read 93131 times)

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
MWLSD: If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
« on: January 23, 2007, 03:54:07 PM »
Mid-West Meet-Ups:

Oct. 10th, 2009 - Party @ Huey's for the Michigan/Iowa game.  Yes, we plan to hold her to this.

---------------------
We were ruthlessly off topic anyway, so at Duck's suggestion I took a page out of Mu's book and decided to change this to a general sort of Mid-West LSD thread, for meet-ups and randomness and whatever. 

Name 'pository.

MWLSD: The Middle of Nowhere Never Had It So Good.
MWLSD: Natural Disasters are for Coast-Dwellers.
MWLSD: Believe the Hype.
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

Quote from: Miss P
This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Michigan ASW 2007
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
I'm also a summer admit, and I'm down to do something in between dinner and the Phid House Party on Friday or after the closing remarks on Saturday, but I'm leaving Saturday night.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 04:04:09 PM »
good job Gengis.

and I'm not an organizer, so whoever wants to organize a get-together, feel free!
Columbia 3L

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 04:05:05 PM »
I'm a fall admit, going the first ASW, will be staying though Sunday, but I'll staying with a 1L friend.

Whew.  A lot of vitals right there.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »
Fall admit.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 04:20:06 PM »
I'm not quite sure if I'm going to stay through Saturday or leave that afternoon...I'm quite flexible on that, so I guess I'll just wait to see what the rest of you want to do.

LSD has a pretty healthy representation that first weekend though.  Nice.

latinforliar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »
I'm a fall admit, not sure which weekend I'll go to. Is there a signup deadline for the ASW in general or the cheap hotels? I'll probably stay saturday night either way as I'll be driving.

Also does anyone who has visited have any tasty bits of info that you can't find on the website?
Like what banks/atms are nearby? Bank of America?
Also what are the grocery stores in Ann Arbor?

pixiepie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 04:44:35 PM »
Weirdly enough, Ann Arbor is drowning in TCF banks. I know, right? No other TCF banks in the whole country, but one on every corner in Ann Arbor. There's also National City, there's a LaSalle bank on Main Street, and... I don't really remember. Bank of America are hard to come by, but there might be some. There's tons and tons of ATMs if you don't mind the fee. Most undergrad students anyway get manhandled into setting up a TCF account.

I always did my grocery shopping at Kroger and Trader Joe's (5 minute drive), but there's a Meijer (10 min), a Whole Foods (5ish) and so many restaurants that you never have to eat in. Unfortunately, the campus area doesn't have grocery stores per se, though there are plenty of liquor stores that sell basic groceries and one slightly overpriced "grocery store" about the size of a small pizza place.

Oh, fall starter.

I'm a fall admit, not sure which weekend I'll go to. Is there a signup deadline for the ASW in general or the cheap hotels? I'll probably stay saturday night either way as I'll be driving.

Also does anyone who has visited have any tasty bits of info that you can't find on the website?
Like what banks/atms are nearby? Bank of America?
Also what are the grocery stores in Ann Arbor?

daydreamer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »
Add me for weekend 1!!  Fall admit, staying Thursday and Friday nights!   ;D

soonertbone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 04:51:44 PM »
Ann Arbor is drowning in TCF banks.

And most importantly (I think), there's a TCF ATM near the law school snack bar, as well as across the street in the Union. I always seem to run out of money right when I need a grilled cheese sandwich at the snack bar, so having the ATM there is awfully handy.