Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Interesting Addendum question  (Read 420 times)

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Interesting Addendum question
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:40:40 AM »
Say one takes the LSAT a total of 3 times. 145, 143, 160. And the reasoning for the 1 high score is because one saved enough money to take a prep course. Do you think an addendum describing this would be valid and understood? Of course it would be to schools who take the highest score.
Ave Maria class of 2011
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

Garry Shandling

• Sr. Citizen
  • How's My Hair?
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Addendum question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 12:41:25 AM »
Say one takes the LSAT a total of 3 times. 145, 143, 160. And the reasoning for the 1 high score is because one saved enough money to take a prep course. Do you think an addendum describing this would be valid and understood? Of course it would be to schools who take the highest score.

Eh -- it's not that interesting a question.
I hope steve.jd and CS4L hang out at Harvard.  The combined gravitic pull of their prestige-egos will put (everyone) into orbit.  After a short time, they will all collapse upon each other creating the first man made black hole...

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 12:45:39 AM »
Right.
Ave Maria class of 2011
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

korhashamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 01:32:32 AM »
ya i believe such an addendum would be fine.  most schools these days take only the highest score because they only have to report one LSAT score for each student. so you should be fine.

hotshot

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I think
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 01:39:16 AM »
your 3rd score speaks for itself. What an improvement! Do you really owe them an explanation for the 1st 2 bad scores? perhaps so. Any admission person that would have the nerve to ask you, "What happened the first 2 times?" would be crazy. I agree with the other person that with the new requirement that makes schools take the higher score, you are in pretty good shape. Congrats!

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »
I don't think it makes for a good addendum. This is all hypothetical, but I can't imagine schools want to hear how coachable the LSAT is, given the standard line about how good a predictor of first-year success it is, how standardized it is, etc.