Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First Acceptance! (William and Mary)  (Read 767 times)

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
First Acceptance! (William and Mary)
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:41 PM »
I just got accepted to William and Mary with a Graduate Fellowship offer this morning, and it feels SO nice to know I can go somewhere next year! :)

Anyone know anything about this fellowship business? The letter sort of made it sound like a workstudy job...

stjobs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: First Acceptance! (William and Mary)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »
I got it today. Priority mail, big envelope, etc. Did you get in-state tuition?

It does look like work-study. I'm not crazy about it. Also, 3.0 is not astonishingly easy to maintain.

Did yours come with the $4,000 stipend? What about the additional $5,000 merit scholarship? priority housing?
HLS 2010

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 11:45:22 AM »
Congratulations to both of you!

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »
Congrats to both ;)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »
I got the fellowship earlier in the cycle and have spoken with several current graduate fellows about it.  In your freshman year you work 4 hours a week in the lib (sounds good to me ... time to get some work done, get to know the librarians well, which can come in handy) and then 4 hours elsewhere (or you can stay in the lib ... an example given was career services office, which I would like because I do that at undergrad ... and it couldnt hurt to get to be buddy buddy with the CS people either.  And that office is a really nice space).  As you get older you can stay with the library jobs or you can work with a prof on research, or at one of the special programs, like the courtroom 21 project.  I was concerned with the ability of GRFs (this is what recipients of this fellowship are called at WM) to participate on journals, but a 2L GRF said it wasnt a problem and while he wasnt ona journal he knew plenty of GRFs who were.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »
i'm still waiting on w&m and george mason.
in at richmond, but no scholarship offer, yet.