Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Programs  (Read 455 times)

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
Summer Programs
« on: January 21, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »
So when I applied to all my schools I thought I would enjoy having the summer completely off since I did full time summer school last year (16 credits).  However, I've been thinking about it and there are a couple schools that I wouldn't mind moving early for and going to their summer program. Do you guys know if thats a decision that HAS to be made when you apply, or can you call after being offered admission and request to start in summer? I dont want to change my apps in case something comes up with my boyfriends job and he isn't able to transfer that early.

Basically I guess I'm just asking if I can CALL and request summer start AFTER being accepted for fall.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Programs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:15:15 PM »
Honestly your best bet would be just to call and find out.  My prediction is that there might be some resistance to allowing that switch.
Yale.Law.School.2010

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:52:25 PM »
Honestly your best bet would be just to call and find out.  My prediction is that there might be some resistance to allowing that switch.

I was afraid of that.  Thanks :) I have so many factors going into this that it would kind of be a late decision.  IF I decide to go HERE and they give me $$ AND we can find a place to live AND the b/f can transfer quickly THEN I'd want to do summer start.  I wouldn't want to offer up summer on the app then not be able to do it.  Oh well. I guess I'm set for fall.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »
Best of luck.  I hope everything ends up well for you.
Yale.Law.School.2010

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 12:03:42 AM »
I have heard of schools that have summer starts offering a spot to WL people if they start in the summer so I would imagine they would love it if you started early.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 01:15:32 AM »
I have heard of schools that have summer starts offering a spot to WL people if they start in the summer so I would imagine they would love it if you started early.

HMMM Interesting.  I guess I'll just have to make some phone calls once I see where all my apps stand.  Thanks guys :)

thewanderer01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 01:28:52 AM »
Seattle U gives you the option once you are accepted. You can take one class, crim I think, in the summer to reduce your fall load
Rutgers - Newark Class of 2010