Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Withdrawing Apps: When to do it?  (Read 382 times)

LawSchoolNY07

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
Withdrawing Apps: When to do it?
« on: January 20, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
Cornell Deferred me and Fordham accepted me. They were my first and second choices.
Should Cornell come through I will go there, otherwise I will be very happy attending Fordham.

I have a number of other acceptances in the low T1 and all over the T2, I think it is only fair to withdraw these apps and turn down the scholarship offers so that someone else may get off a waitlist or deferral status.

However, some people have told me that I should hold out a little longer, because "you never know what can happen". Once a school has made an admissions offer they can not change it, right?

So, for the rest of you in the same situation, when are you withdrawing your apps?

Thanks
"I Go Here!" : Fordham
"What? Like Its Hard?: Fordham, St.Johns ($$$$), Villanova, Northeastern ($$), UCONN, Seton Hall ($$$), Brooklyn ($$$), Cardozo
"No, Its Like a Smart People Thing": BC, Penn
"Shes not completely unfortunate looking": Cornell

Pending:BU

bohica

  • Guest
Re: Withdrawing Apps: When to do it?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Turn them down when you're ready. Before you do, if you get big money from a school that could sit in the same room as your top two, use it for scholarship leverage. 

flyaway

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 2352
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawing Apps: When to do it?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 11:37:49 AM »
I am going to start withdrawing when I am sure there is absolutely no way I will attend a particular school, whether something comes up with scholarship money, personal reasons, etc.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

DaBears34

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawing Apps: When to do it?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:23:19 PM »
I would withdraw an application once you know you won't attend that school, or you have committed to another school.  If you have a comparably ranked school that you probably won't attend but the scholarship offer is still tempting you, then I don't see a need to withdraw the application yet.