Law School Discussion

It was only an S

yummy

It was only an S
« on: January 19, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »
and yet it's eating me up.

I submitted a letter of continuing interest and I left out an S. The sentence totally doesn't make sense now.

It's eating me up. I tried to call Fedex but they don't think they can catch the package in time. Oh well.

There ain't nothing I can do about it now...

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
Re: It was only an S
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »
Relax....Adcomms are pple too and thats one thing we need to understand. These folks are not some people with superior genes or chromosomes. They're only unlucky to be saddled with the job of breaking people's hearts and mending some....A little S missing from a sentence does not sound like a death knell. You'll be alright. Dont worry.

yummy

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »
Yeah I know but it was meant to be quotations.

Here's how the error ran:

From the taxicab passenger, to the ox-cart owner; from the wildlife guide to the impoverished villager, everyone “make a plan" to survive.

I really should have substituted "they all" for "everyone"

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »
Yeah I know but it was meant to be quotations.

Here's how the error ran:

From the taxicab passenger, to the ox-cart owner; from the wildlife guide to the impoverished villager, everyone “make a plan" to survive.

I really should have substituted "they all" for "everyone"

True dat, I c what u mean. I bungled one of my PS's too and looking back, it was a safety that would definitely have fetched me some money. Now I know I may not get any cash, maybe an acceptance. Took me a while to accept it but I did. We can only hope, I still say just keep your fingers crossed. Thas about all we can do right now.

yummy

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 06:20:43 PM »
FedEx delivered the essay to the school this morning. Should I call the school and ask them to destroy the copy and then just FedEx them another, corrected, version?

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 07:50:19 PM »
FedEx delivered the essay to the school this morning. Should I call the school and ask them to destroy the copy and then just FedEx them another, corrected, version?

Most of the schools I applied to specifically stated that no addendums will be accepted via email and a telephone call is a no-no. Fax is accepted. Perhaps you can obtain their fax number, send a cover letter along with it and a sheet explaining that this new one should serve as your PS and not the one received.

yummy

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »
I am afraid drawing too much attention to my error is bot a good idea...

yummy

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:09:41 PM »
I know but what should I do? Do I contact them or not?

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 04:15:46 AM »
I know but what should I do? Do I contact them or not?

No, I would let it rest.

I would recommend the same. Its gonna be alright.