Law School Discussion

How do we choose which letters are sent out?

How do we choose which letters are sent out?
« on: January 18, 2007, 08:31:58 PM »
My 3 letters came in and my best letter was the last to be processed, and as a result, it does not get sent out ot schools that only take 2.  How do I change this?

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: How do we choose which letters are sent out?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »
My 3 letters came in and my best letter was the last to be processed, and as a result, it does not get sent out ot schools that only take 2.  How do I change this?

You cannot change it, but you can ask your recommender to mail it directly to schools.

That's not true orangie! For shame! :)

You need go to the LOR section, add the appropriate school(s), and indicate which letters you want sent to them. Also, I don't know of any school that accepts a maximum of two letters...

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:11:27 AM »

You cannot change it, but you can ask your recommender to mail it directly to schools.

You need go to the LOR section, add the appropriate school(s), and indicate which letters you want sent to them. Also, I don't know of any school that accepts a maximum of two letters...

But IF the school only accepts two and two have already been sent then LSAC will not send more.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:55:18 AM »

But IF the school only accepts two and two have already been sent then LSAC will not send more.

No, if they've already sent them, then you're screwed. But the OP didn't say that they were already sent out.

And of course you can't go over the limit of the school. All of my schools had limits of three or four, though.

And it's not just for targeted letters. If you don't put which letters you want sent to schools, then LSAC will send the letters in the order they received them. You can change that by selecting which letters you want sent. This includes general letters.