Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC  (Read 12672 times)

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC
« on: January 19, 2007, 11:58:37 AM »
Ok, we have a few more schools to hear from, but right now BC is the frontrunner, especially after getting rejected from some other schools we don't care to mention. (Who needs them really?)

The important thing is we are in at BC, and very happy about it, thank you very much.

So let's work on our mid-cycle enthusiasm, shall we?

Update: Wouldn't want to forget this link:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1168423325385

Update: I'm sorry I've abandoned you all, but I hope you all enjoy BC Law and I will think of you fondly while I'm at W&L.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We talk about how excited about probably going to BC
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
I hear it's the Disneyland of law schools.

Penelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:28:15 PM »
i'm pretty psyched about the smaller class size (~260) and the slightly older (read: more mature) student body! and a pretty campus to boot  ;D
woo-hoo (accept): BC, GULC, Northwestern, Cornell, Vanderbilt ($), WUStL ($$), GW, BU ($)
d'oh (reject): Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, UChicago, NYU, Boalt
meh (defer/wl): Penn, Duke, UVa

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 01:20:01 PM »
I really liked the library when I was there.  My friend is on a journal, and thus has her own permanant carrell.  I thought that was pretty cool, but maybe that happens everywhere.

The library is definitely nice.

Plus, you get free unlimited printing, or so my tour guide told me.

Plus, when you go to BU you will be nearby and we can eat sammiches.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »
i'm pretty psyched about the smaller class size (~260) and the slightly older (read: more mature) student body! and a pretty campus to boot  ;D

All excellent things.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 02:03:35 PM »
I really liked the library when I was there.  My friend is on a journal, and thus has her own permanant carrell.  I thought that was pretty cool, but maybe that happens everywhere.

The library is definitely nice.

Plus, you get free unlimited printing, or so my tour guide told me.

Plus, when you go to BU you will be nearby and we can eat sammiches.

This would require my alma mata getting off their fat asses and finishing my deans certification.

Are you kidding me? How long has it been?

Send them a muffin basket begging them to get on the ball.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 02:05:05 PM »
Oh killer I'll join in.  I want to be on a journal real bad and there are several really great journals at BC.  The environmental law journal has been one of the best that I've used for my undergrad research.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
Oh killer I'll join in.  I want to be on a journal real bad and there are several really great journals at BC.  The environmental law journal has been one of the best that I've used for my undergrad research.

bamf: I would be happy to have you at my school.

I think we should start recruiting heavily.

Right now the other schools that have a small chance of wooing me away from BC are small in number and I want to get a jumpstart on building an acceptable peer base.

(By acceptable I mean with a sense of humor).

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 02:22:44 PM »

bamf: I would be happy to have you at my school.

I think we should start recruiting heavily.

Right now the other schools that have a small chance of wooing me away from BC are small in number and I want to get a jumpstart on building an acceptable peer base.

(By acceptable I mean with a sense of humor).

Not just recruiting, but actively promoting BC as the best school in the country.  In threads like these:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,80715.0.html
we trade actual advice in for the generic answer "Penn, NYU and NW are so TTT ... go to BC"

What is drawing me towards BC over the 9 other schools I have yet to hear from is that it seems so friendly.  One of the BC 1Ls on this board facebooked me and I was looking at the several BC Law facebook groups ("Law school peanut gallery", "I went to the disneyland of law schools and all I got was this lousy t shirt" etc.) ... it seems like the kind of place that draws people with a sense of humor.

And hey GCoop I would love to talk with your friend on the ELaw journal, that would be awesome.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
I did think about pointing that girl towards BC, but I figured no one would go for it but me.

Who doesn't have any preference in terms of law schools, I mean really? She has no idea?

Maybe we SHOULD start forming her opinions for her.