Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC  (Read 12708 times)

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

When that happens, I'm still sending them my pretend-I-don't-know-you-rejected-me withdraw letter.  That'll show 'em.

:)

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »
I was there on Friday. There is no gym at the Newtom campus. However, I was pleased to learn that there is ample parking next to the law school building for only $200/year. The parking pass also allows one to park on the main campus, which is where the gym is located.

Hmmm, I think we have conflicting information here. For all acceptees, I think you should refer to the first paragraph on page 7 of your "A law student's guide to Boston" that came with your swanky acceptance package. It's the rather small booklet. It also says that the main gym is $120 per semester or 5$ per visit. I think either way, the total would come out to be the same; I don't see how I would go to the gym for much more than 24 times in a 15 week semester.

I think Zephyr meant that parking is $200 a year...

I was referring to his claim that there is no gym on the newton campus. Although according to that guide there clearly is. It's hours and quality are uncertain.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 12:12:38 AM »
page 6 of said guide
'Law students with a BC ID card may purchase memberships at the recreation complex (rec-plex) membership office...  The rec-plex, located on the BC Chestnut Hill campus, is..."
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 07:26:17 AM »
page 6 of said guide
'Law students with a BC ID card may purchase memberships at the recreation complex (rec-plex) membership office...  The rec-plex, located on the BC Chestnut Hill campus, is..."

Page 7 says "The Quonset Hut (GYM) on the Law School campus is available to Law School students. Use of basketball courts, cardivascular machines, Lifecycles, Stairmasters, Free weigths and locker rooms is free with a boston College ID Card".

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 08:58:31 AM »
page 6 of said guide

Page 7 says "The Quonset Hut (GYM) on the Law School campus is available to Law School students. Use of basketball courts, cardivascular machines, Lifecycles, Stairmasters, Free weigths and locker rooms is free with a boston College ID Card".

Just found it on the map (http://www.bc.edu/about/maps/s-newton.html). No one mentioned this to me Friday.

I found this in a Vault.com quality of life survey (http://www.vault.com/survey/school/law-school/Boston-College-Law-School-jobs-599.html):

"The gym (Quonset Hut), is just that a hut w/ equipment I'd be afraid to use. No one goes out there."
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 10:23:30 AM »
page 6 of said guide

Just found it on the map (http://www.bc.edu/about/maps/s-newton.html). No one mentioned this to me Friday.

I found this in a Vault.com quality of life survey (http://www.vault.com/survey/school/law-school/Boston-College-Law-School-jobs-599.html):

"The gym (Quonset Hut), is just that a hut w/ equipment I'd be afraid to use. No one goes out there."

nah, i think cardio equipment is just that. Just get on the stairmaster, burn it for half and hour and then another half hour on a stationary bike and you're set.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »
haha I guess I should have kept reading!
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2007, 11:00:31 AM »
just to clear things up-

there is a gym on Newton campus, but its smaller than your average classroom and contains very few machines or weights of any sort.  the real gym is on the main campus in the building that looks like a circus tent.  it is in dire need of renovation although it is by all means adequate - just not very pretty.

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
Hermann. Do you have him? I wouldn't have known he was a priest if the woman from admissions didn't refer to him as Father Hermann.

Yup, that's my class.

He's a Jesuit. Herrmann did a lot of public defense work before coming to BC and now works with the defense clinic. My wife had a priest as a professor in law school as well and had the same experience. They seem to not bring up the subject at all.

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007, 11:38:26 AM »
just to clear things up-

there is a gym on Newton campus, but its smaller than your average classroom and contains very few machines or weights of any sort.  the real gym is on the main campus in the building that looks like a circus tent.  it is in dire need of renovation although it is by all means adequate - just not very pretty.

chalk one down for BU and its brand new, uber pretty, climbing-wall-tooting gym.