Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC  (Read 12870 times)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
I know we do this in other threads, but I wanted to give you guys a gift:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,42466.0.html

OP goes on and on about how they hate their school, literally says "apply somewhere else" and then the 1st reply is "so should I go there?"
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »
oh and hey, I think someone earlier in this thread said something about a gym on the newton campus but I didn't see it mentioned on the website and I thought I had seen a contradictory post from a current student.  Anyone know about this?
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »
I know we do this in other threads, but I wanted to give you guys a gift:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,42466.0.html

OP goes on and on about how they hate their school, literally says "apply somewhere else" and then the 1st reply is "so should I go there?"

we clearly need to hang together more often  ;)

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »
oh and hey, I think someone earlier in this thread said something about a gym on the newton campus but I didn't see it mentioned on the website and I thought I had seen a contradictory post from a current student.  Anyone know about this?

I've heard conflicting info on this as well...

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »

I know the answer, but I'm not sharing since BC rejected me.  :)

That's rough, real rough.

Do you want me to call them and ask if they'll reconsider?

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 08:26:28 PM »
I was there on Friday. There is no gym at the Newtom campus. However, I was pleased to learn that there is ample parking next to the law school building for only $200/year. The parking pass also allows one to park on the main campus, which is where the gym is located.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »

I know the answer, but I'm not sharing since BC rejected me.  :)

That's rough, real rough.

Do you want me to call them and ask if they'll reconsider?

I've thought about appealing with my new score, but their FAQs on the Early Notification program are pretty clear that their answer if final.  Ah well. 

Anyway, I was going to say what zephyr said.  :)

I hear that many people who are rejected at BC go on to lead long and happy lives, or something like that.

There's nothing left to lose but your dignity.

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 08:40:54 PM »
I was there on Friday. There is no gym at the Newtom campus. However, I was pleased to learn that there is ample parking next to the law school building for only $200/year. The parking pass also allows one to park on the main campus, which is where the gym is located.

Hmmm, I think we have conflicting information here. For all acceptees, I think you should refer to the first paragraph on page 7 of your "A law student's guide to Boston" that came with your swanky acceptance package. It's the rather small booklet. It also says that the main gym is $120 per semester or 5$ per visit. I think either way, the total would come out to be the same; I don't see how I would go to the gym for much more than 24 times in a 15 week semester.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007, 08:59:40 PM »

Hmmm, I think we have conflicting information here. For all acceptees, I think you should refer to the first paragraph on page 7 of your "A law student's guide to Boston" that came with your swanky acceptance package. It's the rather small booklet. It also says that the main gym is $120 per semester or 5$ per visit. I think either way, the total would come out to be the same; I don't see how I would go to the gym for much more than 24 times in a 15 week semester.

I think Zephyr meant that parking is $200 a year...

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 09:02:19 PM »

I was hoping I'd get a Michigan acceptance today, and could send them a notice withdrawing my application, totally ignoring that they've already rejected me.  But I'm probably not even going to get a Michigan acceptance, so Michigan will join the list of schools where I will be rejected, but will still send withdraw notices to.

I've lost my dignity a long time ago.

I think you will get into UMich and will not have to worry anymore about BC not loving you.

Dignity is overrated.