Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC  (Read 12864 times)

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We talk about how excited we are to be probably going to BC
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »
Can I visit your thread even if I didn't apply?

I know about stuff in the area! I can contribute!

/follows Zamora to every new thread she starts

That's perfectly fine, but you know, it's not to late to apply to BC. I bet they'd give you lots of money and put you on the brochure.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 02:32:56 PM »
I'll take the fame!

And what girl?

I knew we could draw you in if we used the right enticement.

This girl cannot decide where to go, maybe you can help her because I've just been making stuff up:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,80715.0.html

coffee girl

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 02:41:10 PM »
i'll join.   ;D

i'm excited, because i love the idea of living somewhere cozy (haven't visited yet, but it seems like bc would be that way) and, as others have mentioned, am looking forward to meeting some down-to-earth, friendly people.  bc's reputations doesn't seem too shabby either.   ;)

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 02:46:16 PM »
i'll join.   ;D

i'm excited, because i love the idea of living somewhere cozy (haven't visited yet, but it seems like bc would be that way) and, as others have mentioned, am looking forward to meeting some down-to-earth, friendly people.  bc's reputations doesn't seem too shabby either.   ;)

The law school has a nice campus, seperate from the rest of the school. It's in Newton which is very close to Boston but it is very quiet. It has the best of both worlds, one could say.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »
Okay, she can't narrow it down at all?

You are kind to give real advice, Zamora.

I think the stock response here is to visit the schools and get a feel for them?

I always hated that. It doesn't work for me. Looking at undergrads, I had so many people tell me, "I knew X was the school for me the very minute I stepped on campus!" I couldn't tell at all. All colleges seemed kind of the same from the visits. Maybe I'm just not very intuitive. My mom also sent me on one of those "see fifty east-coast schools in a week!" tours. So maybe that is why they all blended together.

Yeah, I know, I've heard of keeping an open mind but I'd think you'd have some inkling of where you'd like to be.

I had very strong feelings for my first ug but then it ended up being a pretty bad match for me, so sometimes gut feelings can be very wrong.

I didn't know those tours existed, my goodness that's a lot of schools. I think I visited around 15 total.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 02:55:55 PM »
I'll take the fame!

And what girl?

I knew we could draw you in if we used the right enticement.

This girl cannot decide where to go, maybe you can help her because I've just been making stuff up:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,80715.0.html

Okay, she can't narrow it down at all?

You are kind to give real advice, Zamora.

I think the stock response here is to visit the schools and get a feel for them?

I always hated that. It doesn't work for me. Looking at undergrads, I had so many people tell me, "I knew X was the school for me the very minute I stepped on campus!" I couldn't tell at all. All colleges seemed kind of the same from the visits. Maybe I'm just not very intuitive. My mom also sent me on one of those "see fifty east-coast schools in a week!" tours. So maybe that is why they all blended together.

Yeah that was how I chose my undergrad.  When I visited I knew it was the place for me.
Then I went there for a semester and transferred... visiting doesn't always work.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
Hi Zamora,

I'm an EA acceptee. It happened on the same day as my last final. Can I join in? it just feels so great to be accepted when so many people with great numbers have not been. And yes, i'm very excited about the prospect of going to BC. I like how that even the though the law school on its own campus we still get our own gym. and yes the library does make one salivate.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 03:42:49 PM »
I am from the Boston area and can attest that after Harvard, BC has the best rep in the area (see law firm hiring article for proof).  I didn't even apply to BU.  I also have some love for BC now especially since they accepted me before my retake when I was borderline for them. 
Me Go Cornell

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »
Yay! More recruits!

coffee girl

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 04:46:53 PM »
law revue (at the expense of admitting to my dorkiness...)